Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Vagifem and breast pain  (Read 5475 times)

Daisydot

Vagifem and breast pain
« on: June 26, 2018, 07:00:43 AM »

Good morning ladies.
Has anyone noticed an increase in breast tenderness since starting vagifem.
I'm trying to eliminate all possible causes,stopping underarm deodorants has helped but not significantly.
What I'm trying just now is going back to using vagifem twice weekly instead of nightly.
I just don't understand why I suddenly went from no pain to the most awful pain right into nipple for weeks and then after a few days it stops as quickly as it started.
At the moment I have very little breast soreness compared to last week and because I've been sick I've not used the vagifem nightly only twice over the last 5 days is it coincidence or can the vagifem effect the breasts like that.
IVe tried increasing the oestrogel and reducing the oestrogel and it made no difference the pain was driving me nuts.The only other thing I was doing different was using vagifem.anyine else experienced this??

Tinkerbell

Re: Vagifem and breast pain
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 09:32:59 AM »

I use Vagifem every night and haven't had a breast tenderness issue.

Daisydot

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 01:41:12 PM »

I guess it's a case of keep tryng and experimenting I just want it to stay away it's so painful.thanks ladies xx

Daisydot

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 04:18:12 PM »

Thank you sparkle I was thinking I was losing the plot lol.Im still pretty comfy compared to what I was and I am really reluctant to try increasing the vagifem again the pain was that bad that I'm too much if a chicken to test out my theory lol.
I'll update if it worsens again.thanks again ladies x

Daisydot

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 04:29:22 PM »

I just couldn't get my head round it and meno consultant said the same thing,we both expected breast changes at the beginning when I started the oestrogel and it didn't disappoint they went like two cannonballs but that settled eventually then right out the blue this horrible pain and hardness started right down to my nipples and the left one was excruciating,I was so bad the week before my holiday I was ready to postpone and because I was so hot there I was lazy and didn't use the vagifem every night like I'd been doing previously,it's put me right off doing it now lol.
I will continue with the twice weekly and see how things go but right now I'm just pleased to have someone to bounce it off,ouch shouldn't have said that lol.thank you again.xx

Dierdre

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 06:27:58 PM »

I had breast pain when I first started with vagifem years ago but not during the 2 weeks every night just  when I reduced to the maintenance dose. When I increased the dose it was fine but if I forgot to take it I would have pain just like I used to have before a period years ago.  I  have to take it daily now and no pains since.  Could it be the reduction that is causing the pain?

Daisydot

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 07:20:26 PM »

No its the opposite dierdre the pain has lessened since reducing the vagifem so im hoping im on the right track.thank you xx

Dierdre

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 07:34:30 PM »

Well that's good especially if you're managing on less, I've tried too but it flares back up again. Hopefully it will settle now.

Daisydot

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 08:15:18 PM »

Fingers crossed one set of problems is not replaced with another eh? That's why I increased the vagifem,I was given the estring to try but I couldn't get it in it was so hard too I knew I couldn't accept that inside me 24/7 and I'm kind of glad now it's just giving me som3 breathing space to see if the breast pain totally resolves itself x