Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Symptoms return after stopping AD  (Read 5035 times)

ladylollipop

Symptoms return after stopping AD
« on: June 24, 2018, 08:08:23 PM »

Hello everybody,  who also made the experience that the menopause symptoms came back after stopping AD? Lady Lollipop xx

ladylollipop

Re: Symptoms return after stopping AD
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 08:17:47 PM »

Hello Stellajane, no I wasn't forced did it  myself ( talked to the GP of course) but after 4 months the symptoms came back :'( lady lollipop x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 08:45:06 PM »

Hi. What symptoms are you experiencing lady lollipop?

Taz x

Tempest

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 09:38:45 AM »

Oh gosh, ladylollipop! I'm just about to start Venlafaxine for my murderous migraines!

I think you should definitely have given the Venlafaxine longer to really settle in your system this time. xxxx

ladylollipop

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 11:09:47 AM »

Hello Tempest and Taz, I haven't stopped it . I was just wondering if someone made the same experience I did. I stopped Venlafaxine in November and the symptoms ( agitation and anxiety) returned in March. Went to the Gp today and she said I should try 150mg. Thanks for your positive words Tempest. Maybe this time venlafaxine needs a bit longer to kick in.fingers crossed. Lady Lollipop xx

Tempest

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 11:39:01 AM »

We can do this together, Ladylollipop! Hang in there! I'm so glad you didn't just stop it suddenly as that could have made you feel very poorly.Sending hugs! xxxx

ladylollipop

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 12:24:58 PM »

Oh yes , Tempest let's do it together. The husband of my best friend is a neurologist and told me two things yesterday. He said I should do a blood test to see what venlafaxine is doing and he also said that normally ( at the beginning)the best is to take 150- 225 mg to get a good reaction. Well my GP is going to call me to let me know about the blood test. Hope she is going to do one would be interesting to find out if I have already enough venlafaxine in my body. Also sending a hug to Scotland. Lady Lollipop xx

Tempest

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2018, 12:44:32 PM »

That's interesting, ladylollipop! It's my neurologist who has prescribed the venlafaxine for me. We have discovered that i'm having migraine activity daily. My reaction to the 25mcg patch and then increase to the 50mcg hasn't been good again! I had an intense migraine aura that lasted nearly 2 days over the weekend, so I'm just off the phone from him and he has asked me to wean down off the patches very slowly.

The fluctuations are what has been causing it - which proves my previous experiences with HRT!

My neuro. has also booked me in for a SPECT DAT scan to measure my dopamine levels - i'm just waiting for the appointment date. I wonder if your neuro. friend knows anything about these? Apparently, the world of neurology is pretty small so your friend might have heard of my Consultant. He's Dr Johann Selverajah and is also Honorary Senior Lecturer at our University here.

Sending hugs from my country to yours! xxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2018, 12:46:07 PM »

Get the blood test if possible.  When in the 1980s/90s I wanted to know what was causing my depression, there wasn't any consideration of investigations of any kind.

ladylollipop

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2018, 01:11:24 PM »

Hello Tempest, that's sounds very interesting. Dopamine level might be interesting. I will

ladylollipop

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2018, 01:17:27 PM »

Upps something went wrong. I will have my blood test tomorrow. Hope the anxiety goes away soon.,hate it and the crazy thoughts. Lady Lollipop xx

Tempest

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2018, 02:49:46 PM »

Good luck with your blood test, Ladylollipop! :) xxxx

ladylollipop

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2018, 02:57:09 PM »

Thank you Tempest. When will your dopamine level be checked? Let's stay in contact. I let you know about my blood test result. Let's know each other how it goes with venlafaxine. Hug Lady Lollipopx

ladylollipop

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2018, 03:56:41 PM »

Hello ladies, just a question. I wrote that my GP suggested to up the dose of Venlafaxine to 150 mg. Would you do it? Lady Lollipop x

sweettooth

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2018, 08:43:33 PM »

Forgive me ladylol but do u mean u were on 75mg for 4 months? and then stopped? I'm not quite sure x
Pages: [1] 2 3