Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: The Brain Can Produce Estrogen  (Read 1914 times)

Tempest

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: The Brain Can Produce Estrogen
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 05:09:36 PM »

::) - it's too much to take in. 

Daisydot

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 05:17:33 PM »

Good article Tempest and doesent it make you question if all these poor elderly people in various institutions who are suffering from dementia symtoms could maybe trial some oestrogel daily to see if it lessened their symtoms,it could just be the kick start their brain needs to help,where would be the harm in trialing it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 05:34:59 PM »

It's about getting consent in many cases.  This article goes back a few years too ........ I couldn't find out who Funded it. 

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 06:34:43 PM »

Mmmm very interesting Tempest.

Who knows what will be available in the future..

Emerald2017

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 07:20:52 PM »

Thanks for sharing Tempest! Very interesting! Maybe changing our patterns of thinking and helping our brain produce estrogen we will don't need hrt??? 😂😂😂

Tempest

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 09:40:27 AM »

Thanks, girls!

Daisydot - the research shows that the brain can produce it's own estrogen.  ;) xxxx

Daisydot

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2018, 09:47:02 AM »

Hi Tempest yes I did read the attachment thank you.am I on the wrong wavelength then I'm thinking along the lines of kick starting the oestrogen in these poor peoples brains by dosing on oestrogel to see if it helps do that,god this sounds confrontational Tempest I don't mean it like this it was a fab article I'm just picking your brain,make allowances for me I'm still feeling poorly lol.xx

Tempest

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2018, 03:02:52 PM »

Awww - bless you Daisydot! Get well soon, love!

Research shows that estrogen HRT actually does very little for postmenopausal brain function - i.e., it doesn't prevent normal brain ageing. It also does little for actual mood postmenopause - as cited by Professor Studd et al.in their various writings/research.

There seems to be a 'critical window' during the perimenopausal years when it is helpful for cognitive function and mood issues. Interestingly, Studd states that anxiety itself is very difficult to treat with estrogen replacement during this time and that women should seek other complementary therapeutic options. I will look out his paper and post a link, if anyone is interested.😉😊😊 xxxx

« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 03:07:03 PM by Tempest »

Tempest

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2018, 03:22:02 PM »

https://academic.oup.com/ageing/article/44/4/551/67014

I'm actually going to leave this here - this is a study by Prof. Lumsden and Dr. Sassarini (my former menopause team) dated 2015. Some of you will know that Prof. Lumsden was responsible for the authorship of the latest NICE guidelines.

I think you might all be surprised by the contents (hope this all isn't too 'heavy' and wordy - just wanted to show some solid research)! xxxx

Conolly

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2018, 07:11:04 PM »

Hello Tempest,

Thank you for the link. It's a very interesting line of research. There are many articles published by these journal
https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/hormones-and-behavior that deal with the same subject. I actually follow this journal because hormones (or the lack of them) are ruling my life, atm.

Conolly X