Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: How quickly does sandrena work?  (Read 6648 times)

Macjac

How quickly does sandrena work?
« on: June 19, 2018, 07:20:21 AM »

Hi

I am just starting out with sandrena 1mg and Utrogestan sequentially.

I have been using the gel for about 10 days but it doesn't seem to have had any effect whatsoever on my hot flushes. If anything they have got worse. Maybe I was over hopeful with how quickly this might take effect. I guess the upside is I
 have not experienced any side effects either!

Does anyone have any experience on how quickly it should provide relief or how long do you need to take it to decide the dose is not enough?

Thanks

Macjac

Dotty

Re: How quickly does sandrena work?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 07:44:55 AM »

The guidance is to give any new hrt 3 months to feel the full benefits . You should hopefully start to see improvements in 4 - 6 weeks.

Macjac

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 04:17:46 PM »

Thanks Stellajane. I was starting to get despondent that this was not going to have any effect.  Sounds like I need to give it more time.

I was hoping to be able to see the positive benefit of the oestrogen before starting the progesterone , in case this produces side effects, so there would kind be an incentive to take the progesterone.!

Macjac

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 07:35:51 PM »

Hi Macjac

I used this for a short while after changing from patches but I think I had the wrong dose. The main thing to make sure with this one is, that has dried properly as it seemed to take a long time with me so I got fed up and put my clothes on - I am sure some of it might have rubbed off before it had properly been absorbed. Just a thought? Also this type is supposed to be rubbed in (unlike Estrogel which is slightly different and spread/applied not rubbed in).

I hope it starts to work for you soon - you should begin to notice a gradual reduction in the frequency of flushes, hopefully.

Hurdity x

Macjac

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 08:26:13 AM »

Thanks for the replies. I had wondered  if it was rubbing off so I was very careful this morning. I also haven't been rubbing it in as such just smearing it on.  I am still working full time in London and always rushing  out the door to get a train in the morning so drying time is a bit tricky! But I am aware of this and trying to wear short sleeve tops.

I am very new to all this but am finding this site massively helpful. Thank you all.

I have gone with much of the advice around taking the two hormones separately as this seems easier to get the dose right and know if you are progesterone intolerant but am rather dreading starting the Utrogestan.

My reason for taking HRT is like most, hot flushes and poor sleep. Other symptons have been alleviated with Vagifem. 😉Given all the potential side effects from the progesterone  I was hoping to have got a more positive result from the Sandrena so I could then weigh up what's worse hot flushes or the side effects of Utrogestan.

As the gel is not yet doing the trick (although appreciate I need to give it longer) I am thinking should I be aiming to get the oestrogen dose right first before adding in the progesterone?

Changing the dose doesn't seem that easy with Sandrena as it comes in 1mg sachets.

Macjac