Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Femseven Conti out of stock  (Read 4095 times)

alibabs1965

Femseven Conti out of stock
« on: June 17, 2018, 06:38:20 PM »

Hi my GP prescribed me Femseven Conti patches last week in place of Evorel Conti which I was on for just over a year but has experiencing quite a lot of bleeding. My GP thinks it might be the type of progesterone in Evorel that doesn't suit me. Hospital tests have given me the all clear for any problems.

None of the chemists in my area can stock Femseven Conti at the moment due to manufacturer issues so I will need to go back to the doctor to try something else.

Does anyone have any suggestions for alternative patches would prefer to stay on patches rather than pills and conti rather than sequi?

Thanks.

Alison

Dotty

Re: Femseven Conti out of stock
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 08:17:19 PM »

I suggest Oestrogel and Utrogestan. It's not a patch but a gel you rub in. Or try an oestrogen patch with utrogestan.

Wilks

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 08:42:37 PM »

It's getting ridiculous the number of items out of stock at pharmacies, what's going on?

alibabs1965

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 06:44:48 AM »

Hi Dotty thanks for your suggestion would I have a monthly bleed on Oestrogel and Utrogestan? Would like to avoid that if possible.

Alison

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 06:47:52 AM »

Hi Alibabs. You can take utrogestan continuously which means you won't get a bleed. That is the post meno dosage. Although you may get some irregular bleeding as your body settles. X

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 01:18:36 PM »

Hi alibabs1965

As well as considering Dotty's suggestion, alternatively you could ask for Evorel 50 patches (which is the oestrogen dose and type of patch you are used to) and try a separate progestogen. utrogestan is one, and the other is the synthetic Provera. In your position personally I would do the latter (ie stay with Evorel and try a different prog) rather than change two things ie from patch to gel and also the progestogen) - only in that you will know by only changing one thing whether it is the progestogen ( in the Evorel conti) that was not agreeing with you!

Hurdity x

alibabs1965

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 06:20:00 PM »

Well I phoned this morning and left a message for the doctor telling her the Femseven patches were unavailable and asking if I could try Oestrogel and Utrogestan instead. Got a call later saying it wasn't possible for me to have that option but that there was a prescription for me for Tibolone.

It's not an option that I had looked into at into at all but will try it out.

Anyone else tried this?

Ali

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 06:24:35 PM »

Heavens - that is nothing like Evorel patches! The doc should not be prescribing you this without discussion! There are others who have used this - go to the home page of the forum and do a search. There were a couple of long-running threads on it but they haven't been updated recently. It is a completely different type of HRT and is a tablet too....what do you feel about it? Also if you want to go for oestrogel and utrogestan then you should be able to try this although I would go for Evorel patches and separate progestogen as the closest to what you are taking but different prog. You must go back and have a proper discussion about the options - they can't just fob you off and say not possible!!!

Hurdity x

alibabs1965

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 06:24:32 AM »

There seem to be mixed reviews so I will give it a try for a couple of months. I don't have any patches left and getting an appointment this week will be impossible so not much else I can do.

Thanks for all your advice.

Ali