Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Venlafaxine who takes it?  (Read 6706 times)

Wilks

Re: Venlafaxine who takes it?
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2018, 09:04:39 PM »

Hi Connolly,
Both of them gave me stomach ache, but in retrospect, I did have a sensitive stomach at the time and a lot of things gave me stomach ache! 
I'm taking fluoxetine at the moment which is about the only AD that really agrees with me.

Conolly

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2018, 09:15:52 PM »

Thank you, Wilks. Good to know you're ok with fluoxetine, any side effects?
Conolly X

Wilks

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2018, 09:19:13 PM »

For the first few weeks the fluoxetine made me quite sleepy, but other than that it's been pretty tolerable. X

Conolly

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2018, 09:24:29 PM »

That's great. I'm trying to decide if I take AD's and I'm really confused with so many options and scary leaflets!
Conolly X

Wilks

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2018, 09:39:15 PM »

Some of them can make you anxious for a week or two but that usually wears off. I like fluoxetine because it's the least likely to make you put on weight and because it's quite “activating”- when I get depressed I often feel exhausted. Also it's easy to come off it because it has a very long half-life so the levels decline very gradually when you stop taking it.
I don't want to sound like I'm selling it to you though! Lol
X

Tempest

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2018, 09:48:49 PM »

Ah, that's interesting Wilks! I found Fluoxetine too activating at 20mg, but could tolerate 10mg which I had as a liquid.

The venlafaxine is a bit known for constipation I know, so maybe that's why it affected your tummy.

I'm so sorry to hear you're spiralling, Lisa - please know that we're here for you! Sending hugs - just hang on in there until you see your new Consultant at the menopause clinic! Not long now. xxxx

Tempest

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2018, 08:10:24 PM »

Update: not getting Venlafaxine now. My neurologist has suggested 2 other choices of medication instead. xxxx

ladylollipop

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2018, 08:20:45 PM »

Dear Conolly, thanks for your reply. I didn't stop cold turkey last time. From May2016 to April 2017 I took 75 mg per day. Then I took 37,5 mg till mid September and  till 4th November I took 37,5 mg every second day and then I stopped it. Have you already decided if you are going to take Venlafaxine? Lady Lollipop x

ladylollipop

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2018, 08:22:30 PM »

Hello Tempest, may I ask what your doctor suggested?
Lady Lollipop

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2018, 04:45:27 PM »

Some medications can cause the opposite reaction to what they are designed for  ::): my Dad had Ativan and he was agitated for days until we cottoned on the causation, it took 10 days B4 he stopped pacing  :'(.  He and I walked miles in silence as he couldn't stay still.  A friend goes hyper with Propranolol ........

It was sickness that stopped me taking many of the ADs available in the 1980s.  Eventually one was found that suited me for 13/14 years B4 I needed something else.
Pages: 1 2 [3]