Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hrt or not  (Read 1169 times)

Junie

Hrt or not
« on: June 15, 2018, 08:27:17 PM »

Hi
It's been a while since my last post.
My doctor and the nurse who is suppose to know all about women's health, thinks I am to old for hrt (60).

After waiting 7 months for a gynae appointment, the consultant said in her opinion I should have a good talk with my gp as she thinks I should try hrt.
Problem is my gp has no time to talk, and is not good with menopause advice, I have tried 4 doctors in the practice but getting no where, a private doctor is to expensive.  Not sure what to do.

Any advice please

Junie :(

Joaniepat

Re: Hrt or not
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 09:17:47 PM »

Hi Junie, I resumed HRT at the grand old age of 67, after being off it for well  over ten years. (GP at the time was frightened by the millennial studies, although I wanted to continue.) I managed to get refered to an NHS gynae clinic and they prescribed Oestrogel and Vagifem and wrote to the GP surgery. I've had no problem getting further prescriptions from them so far. Will the gynaecologist you saw not be writing to your GP with their recommendations?
JP x

Junie

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 09:31:24 PM »

Hi
They tried me on vagifem pesaries and ovestin cream last November but after a few days the headaches were bad they took me off them.

Have never taken hrt before, doc says it's a risk at my age and gynae says to try.

Gynae is writing yo my doctor, I just need someone to explain this to me.
Thanks for your help

Junie

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 05:06:50 PM »

Go back to the Gynae and ask for an explanation and printed treatment plan.  You had the talk with your GP and was advised that you are 'too old'.  Sadly if your GP is anti HRT what ever the Gynae suggests won't be given  :-\