Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Heavy bleeding  (Read 964 times)

Who would be a women

Heavy bleeding
« on: June 14, 2018, 09:29:05 AM »

Good morning
I have been on HRT patches evrol ( ? ) for the last 8/9 months and after a couple of months I started to bleed after four years without a period. The bleeding has got heavier and also I have clots , I recently have had a health scare and awaiting results of findings of MRI scan on liver which could be a hemangioma which is a mass of tangled blood vessels this has and is causing me to be unable to eat , nausea and excruciating pain along with tiredness and general feeling of very unwell . I'm at the end of being able to cope .

Dancinggirl

Re: Heavy bleeding
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 11:16:05 AM »

Hi adn welcome to MM

You poor thing - you are having a tough time.  Firstly, are you on a continuous HRT?  Erratic bleeding and spotting can result on any conti HRT and you should get a scan to check the womb lining is OK.  You may have fibroids??  If you want bleed free HRT option then having a Mirena fitted and using oestrogen as gel or patch is often the easiest option. The Mirena protects the womb better and will often shrink fibroids and polyps if they are present.

Hope they sort your liver difficulties - this sound awful. DG x

Who would be a women

Re: Heavy bleeding
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 02:18:27 PM »

Thank you Dancing girl for reply , I am on continuing patches and the bleeding which is heavy is every week and half to two weeks for about a week , I have read that these patches can cause Hemangioma ( tangled blood vessels )