Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: VA. Mona Lisa touch a year on.  (Read 2558 times)

Maryjane

VA. Mona Lisa touch a year on.
« on: June 13, 2018, 01:28:25 PM »

For those who have been interested in my VA , MLT etc.

Last May 2017 I had my first MLT , in total I needed 3 internal and 5 external .

For those who read my VA story on MM magazine my VA was pretty grim.

I am hugely improved ( not symptom free as I also have pudendal nerve damage ) but vastly improved from where I was .

The thinning/ splitting  skin is now bouncy and has give , no more itching , bladder is much happier , no longer looks raw just normal skin tone , still have “ off days” but manageable.

The MLT has allowed me to be able to use vagifem again which I simply couldn't as it would burn and irritate , no longer does so I use it every other night , what I think has happened is the vaginal walls have been returned to a much healthier state and the vagifem can now do its job , it's had a leg up.

I have for me found the best moisturiser ever , it's called “ olive & Bee” and it's just that made from olives and honey , invented by a women's health physio from Australia, I use this twice a day all over the perinium/ vulva area .

I change panty liners 3 times a day , by a company recommend by my gynae called TOTM time of the month.

I have always been against pads as I don't leak or anything, but these have been key , I use a non scented detergent etc but these are great . Not great environmentally but 😕 ? .

I wash the area twice a day with warm water and nothing else .

I have a teaspoon of d-mannose am & pm re bladder health on an empty stomach , my bladder definitely likes it .

I can now sit for much longer than I could , will never be able to do hours but a couple of I need too.

I have women's health physio whixhbhas helped teach me to relax the pelvic floor not tighten , as everyone assumes kegels are the wholly grail , they are absolutely not for many.

Some ladies who leak P actually have an overtight pelvic floor not weak.

As I said MLT has not cured me of all my woes , but is definitely part of my VA voyage.

I take HRT , 2 pumps of oestrogel and utrogestan all for my VA and pot quality general skin.

If needed I can use estriol or ovestin on the perinium area every day , but ATM was his is not needed .

Going to start on Testosterone also as this is very much needed in the vulva area also .

VA 👹👹👹 what we never knew . 🤨

Robin

Re: VA. Mona Lisa touch a year on.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 02:03:41 PM »

Hi Maryjane,

I'm sorry you've had such an awful time with VA but thank you for sharing your experience. It's something I'm really struggling with so this is very helpful

Robin
X

Dierdre

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 05:17:40 PM »

It was comforting reading your post knowing now that there will be something else when/if the HRT alone doesn't work anymore. Hopefully this will be on the NHS soon as many will never be able to benefit from this treatment otherwise.  I'm saving already.

Daisydot

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 05:22:06 PM »

Well done MaryJane I'm really pleased for you.I hope you go from strength to strength you've been very brave and so thoughtful to share your journey xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 06:55:53 PM »

May I ask why panty liners? 

Ladies from India don't wear anything under their saris ;-).  They also wash and rinse after using the toilet. 

Thanks for the update!  It has taken so long to get where you are more comfortable  :foryou:

Maryjane

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 07:54:51 PM »

Yes I know re panty liners it's odd.

It's just seems to help re irritation , I used to have to go commando all the time , but ATM it's whats helping .

Perhaps absorbs sweat ?

Obviously no underwear all night .

My VA is an ever moving line in the sand , drives me potty sometimes. 🙄

Thank you for the flowers 💐😊

Robin

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 08:03:41 PM »

I just looked at the TOTM liners website. They look really good I think I will get some. I looked to see if they were on Amazon but although they look the same they have 30 instead of 28 in a box so maybe not the real thing. Do you order yours direct from TOTM Maryjane?

Robin
X

Maryjane

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 08:11:10 PM »

Yes direct from the webpage .

Get my sanitary pads from there also , it's absolutely horrifying what goes into a vast majority of pads. 😕

Robin

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 08:29:02 PM »

I watched a programme about it years ago. Before I was married so at least 30 odd years. I never heard it mentioned again so thought perhaps things had changed. Obviously not
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 09:29:05 PM by Robin »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 10:01:12 PM »

Have some more  :foryou: you've been through a lot!

Sweetscarlett

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 12:25:55 PM »

Great post MJ

I'm so glad you have reached a point in your life when you can feel comfortable - I remember all the woes you had.

The things you are doing seem to be working so well!

❤️ Sweetscarlett

Daisydot

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 08:52:19 PM »

I also buy the bamboo toilet rolls from Amazon MaryJane.they are great no nasties in them and no bits that stick to you.xx

Tiddles

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2018, 09:01:25 PM »

Thanks Maryjane - really useful :-)

I also use panty liners daily - I find I'm just less conscious of what's going on down there when I'm using them.  Even though there's not much to them, they just seem to insulate and protect somehow. Main point is, that was a very helpful post.  Glad things have improved for you xxx

Hurdity

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2018, 08:02:24 AM »

Thanks for the update Maryjane and so pleased to hear it all seems to be working much better for you now after all the problems you had in the last few years :). Hopefully at some point the treatment will be available on NHS for other severe cases of extreme VA (GSM!) as you had....

Hurdity x