Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: anyone else???????  (Read 1794 times)

discokaren

anyone else???????
« on: June 12, 2018, 12:45:39 PM »

anyone else feel as rubbish as me. stomach problems,headaches, moody (my poor husband) i just feel so bad most of the time to many symptoms to mention, heart palpation's and so on. the stomach problems are the worst at the moment. just after eating the wind pain is horrible constipation, wind and so on. now if i drink a couple of glasses of wine i get the worst hangover ever :( please tell me iam not alone with this   :'( 

Dancinggirl

Re: anyone else???????
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 01:38:59 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM discokaren
I did respond to you on the other thread.  All the symptoms you are describing are quite typical for menopause.  IT's worth reading up all the info on this site to get clued up.
Here is a great article that explains everything:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/pdf/Article%20-%20Perils%20of%20the%20Perimenopause.pdf

RE digestive issues:  this is very common when meno hits, so dietary changes and the way you eat can really help:
Eat small meals regularly.
Eat slowly, relax for 5-10 mins after a meal and then try to take a walk to aid digestion.
Avoid caffeine, fruit juices and alcohol, reduce sugar intake and avoid rich, high fat foods.
Increase fibre: wholemeal bread, oats, and of course lots of fruit and veg.
Eat a banana and/or a few nuts as snacks, as these are good fibre.
REDUCE CHOCOLATE intake!
Drink enough water - very few of us drink enough water and this will help with constipation.

Do pop to the doctor to discuss your options having done the research.  Keep posting.  DG x

Rosie63

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 07:16:26 PM »

Hi disco Karen and welcome.

I've posted quite a lot recently to seek help on stomach and digestive problems I'm having and have received some very useful advice.  I take just a spoonful of coconut oil before I go to bed which has definitely helped with constipation.  It's not very pleasant to take like that but I find it easier than trying to remember to cook with it etc because I often forget to use it.  I've also started using a little Kefir and taking Buscopan 3 times a day to help with wind and stomach cramps.  This, along with changing my diet slightly has, although not totally eliminated the discomfort yet, has definitely helped.

Rosie63 x

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 07:32:34 PM »

You are certainly not alone!
Looking back it was the gut trouble that kicked off first in my peri.
Loads of ‘diagnoses' IBS, gastric ulcer, gastritis constipated dah de dah de dah. I other word clueless!
Took so many different meds, none worked mmmm i wonder why. I just want to shout because it was peri all along - that's why🤬
I had a lightbulb moment about 5 months ago, increasing and unpleasant anxiety, really poor sleep with loads of wee wakes, guts on going and the hideous nightsweats....
That moment = HRT, been taking now for 8 weeks and everything about 80% better, including the guts, still get windy, but not as painful.

discokaren

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 08:14:06 AM »

thankyou for the replies, nice to no i am not going mad, i did go to the Drs about a year ago had the test for menopause they said i wasn't, but i no i am. i was given anti depressants that i will not take. I am not depressed just bloody fed up of feeling rubbish all the time, its getting that i can't plan anything in case i get up and its a bad day. those of you with anxiety will know exactly what i mean, now this stomach thing  >:( i was also told i was to young for HRT 46 then now 47 ...... 

rebel2

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 10:24:31 AM »

I can totally sympathise - I've had one thing after another for four years.  Stomach at the moment - ok in the morning then trapped wind starts under left rib and moves round to back, then settles on bladder.  Anxiety is generally the cause, but it becomes chicken and egg as the stomach issues cause further anxiety and so on!  Sending you best wishes, you are definitely not alone.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 10:30:23 AM »

discokaren 0 yoru GPs are talking rubbish.  They should diagnose you based on symptoms, not blood tests adn ADs are not the front line treatment for menopause symptoms.
Here is a link to a great article that helps explain everything that happens in peri meno and it may help you :
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/pdf/Article%20-%20Perils%20of%20the%20Perimenopause.pdf

Keep a diary, write down all your symptoms and questions and go to your GP to ask to try a low dose of HRT if you feel you need it.  Femoston 1/10 would be a good starting point. DG x

Bettyboo

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 11:36:24 AM »

Discokaren

Another one queuing up here to say #metoo

Four year of peri, just over one year of proper meno period) and still suffering. Vey similar symptoms. The ladies here are great, always someone to support you.

sending a hug  :hug:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 01:08:35 PM »

:welcomemm:

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 09:01:42 PM »

Hi.
Your GP is talking 🐂💩 😂
NICE guidance suggests symptoms are ‘diagnostic', rather than a blood test as they are usually not that accurate. As for being too young for HRT, again💩🐂. A colleague of mine has been taking since she was 37, as she had debilitating symptoms. I guess i am lucky with my GP, I described my symptoms and he pressed print!
Anxiety is 💩💩. Ive suffered with it all my life, but managed it until peri started, but HRT has sorted it out.
Go back to your Gp and persuade them that you'd like a crack at HRT

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2018, 10:02:44 PM »

Hormonal blood tests are reliably unreliable  ::).  My gynaecologist won't do them, goes on symptoms.  My GP the same. 

Maybe keep a mood/food/symptom diary so that you can chart progress?