Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How do you accept the menopause?  (Read 4300 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: How do you accept the menopause?
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2018, 09:50:42 PM »

It's The Change.  Does what it says on the tin!

In the 1980s I took ages to accept that I have to take an anti-depressant tablet twice a day: for Life.  Otherwise I wouldn't get out of bed  :'(.  Once I had accepted this I realised that DH and I have a Life together again.  I think that having been on AD medication regularly when menopause arrived, that possibility was taken care of already.  Anxiety has plagued me since age 3 so I have to take appropriate medication daily.

I was fortunate in not having too many flushes; mine were after my bath from the back of my neck to my waist: every night I would 'glow'  ::).  Also the itching  :bang: :bang: :bang: across my back, belly, back of my legs ...........

Maybe make a list of which symptom you would like to ease first?   Surely you noticed some changes Wilks?  Irregular periods, odd feelings, mood changes ........... 

Wilks

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2018, 10:10:10 PM »

Yes, I did notice irregular periods, but I had been led to believe that the menopause was simply a cessation of periods, loss of fertility and hot flushes for a few years. I'm angry because I didn't realise that I would be suddenly plunged into hell.

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2018, 10:49:04 PM »

I think that's what we were told, in general .......... but as with periods, ladies didn't talk about such issues and I think that there is such an age difference between teens and Mums going through The Change that maybe it gets swept away with daily living? 

Menopause is 'cessation of periods'.  The Change however is what comes with it  >:( and some ladies suffer more than others.  Don't know how much genetics comes into all this?

As an aside: I had cold flushes when I took Tamoxifen  :-\ so definitely hormonal and no one warned me about that either.  I thought I had a bout of 'flu!

Emerald2017

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2018, 09:50:43 PM »

I try not to think so much about and to continue with my life. After all with hrt we are not exactly at meno, are we? 😂
We cannot deny it but we can our best to handle it. I have a very clean diet, a hard training and good sleep. I don't see a lot of differences but I think it is because of hrt. I cannot imagine my life physically and mentally without it.

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2018, 10:18:05 PM »

As long as my anxiety is under control I cope.  I try not to anticipate events but the anxiety still occurs ............ anything out of routine can floor me  :-\.

I don't look any further forwards than half a day at a time .......... and if we have to plan ahead, I know that I have my emergency pill.  I do wake in the night because my biggest dread is my husband dying  :'(.  Having been treated for depression, anxiety and cancer and being the type of person that would worry that the cancer might return, I'm surprised that I don't think about that all the while  ::)
Pages: 1 [2]