Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Bleed from polyp  (Read 1137 times)

Midge

Bleed from polyp
« on: June 27, 2018, 11:01:35 AM »

Hi everyone I'm new to this forum, it looks very helpful, so I'm hoping I can help as well as be helped!
I'm 57 and have been period free for 10 months. With the expected hot flushes that woke me up for nights on end until I discovered Clary Sage essential oil :) (read to put 3 -4 drops on back of neck before going to sleep. Worked like magic!!) Also Kalms 2 tablets also before bed.  You can alternate one nite with oil next night with kalms.

However.... I think you have to be a little careful with the Clary Sage oil, because I think it really does balance or alter your hormones???   Three days ago I had bright red blood when I went to the loo and slight breast tenderness, so I thought oh here we go a little period, but it was just 'spotting'  :-\     
I have had three polyps before, so a wee bit scared.  Or could it be just atrophy or the womb and vagina, - I was very raw down there for 2 weeks and had to wash with special 'non soap'
Has anyone had all or some of this going on, really appreciate any advice  :)
Midge

Machair

Re: Bleed from polyp
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 05:34:55 PM »

Hi Midge what a dreadful dilemma for you. We are a similar age so I am sure like me you are hoping the end is in sight. You say you have breast tenderness- sort of suggests hormones and final periods can be just spotting, but of course we can't know for sure this is what is going on. You say you have had polyps before- what were your symptoms with those as this could help you to work out a plan? What was your period like 10 months ago, and have you have any signs of hormonal activity such as stretchy mucus or breast tenderness/PMT before in the last 10 months to suggest hormones are still active?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 05:52:15 PM by Machair »

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 05:48:27 PM »

Hi Midge and welcome to MM

Your ovaries may have had a final gasp but you should pop to the GP to report this bleeding. 

It doesn't sound as though you have urogenital atrophy (the soreness around your intimate area) and you need some local oestrogen e.g. Vagifem that will really help this.  Daily use of vaginal moisturerisers is also essential - either SYLK or the YES products are best.  Everything dries out when the oestrogen levels drop and our bladder and vaginal area can really suffer as a result. 

Do get the bleeding checked out and ask the GP for Vagifem DG x

Cassie

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 06:21:59 PM »

Exactly the same thing happened to me, its the herbal potions, my gynae warned me against them, something about them being phytoestrogens and can bring on a bleed, stop the sage and see if you remain bleed free.