Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: VA and flare ups  (Read 4458 times)

Dancinggirl

Re: VA and flare ups
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2018, 12:03:21 PM »

Here is the section in the NICE guidelines that you could print off and show you GP if necessary. 
Urogenital atrophy
Offer vaginal oestrogen to women with urogenital atrophy (including those on systemic HRT) and continue treatment for as long as needed to relieve symptoms.
Consider vaginal oestrogen for women with urogenital atrophy in whom systemic HRT is contraindicated, after seeking advice from a healthcare professional with expertise in menopause.
If vaginal oestrogen does not relieve symptoms of urogenital atrophy, consider increasing the dose after seeking advice from a healthcare professional with expertise in menopause.
Explain to women with urogenital atrophy that:
symptoms often come back when treatment is stopped
adverse effects from vaginal oestrogen are very rare

they should report unscheduled vaginal bleeding to their GP.
Advise women with vaginal dryness that moisturisers and lubricants can be used alone or in addition to vaginal oestrogen.
Do not offer routine monitoring of endometrial thickness during treatment for urogenital atrophy.

Otter15

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2018, 02:04:42 PM »

Thanks for that information. It is really surprising that my doctor uses the old guidelines as she was probably still in school that long ago! The multigyn came so will try that tonight. Thanks everyone.

Daisydot

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2018, 04:10:46 PM »

Good luck otter15 xx

Smitten

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2018, 05:44:50 PM »

Could I ask please, do you ladies recommend the coconut oil and how do you use it? Thank you! X

Dancinggirl

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2018, 06:56:56 PM »

Pure Coconut oil is a great moisturiser and can be used around our intimate area. The only problem is coconut oil can feel a bit greasy so specific vaginal moisturisers give a more natural feel - SYLK or the YES products are best.
It's about finding what works for you. Vagifem or a local oestrogen cream are still essential if you have urogenital atrophy. DG x

Smitten

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2018, 05:52:19 PM »

Oh that's great thank you! I'd read using coconut oil internally also so wanted to check.
I'm not 100% if I do have VA ill start my own thread so as not to high-jack this one :) is there a list of symptoms somewhere on the site? I did search but didn't seem to find one, thanks as always for your help xx

Otter15

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2018, 06:41:39 PM »

Don't worry. Hijack away! You will learn by reading topics that relate to you. You can also type in vaginal atrophy in the search box and talks will come up. Good luck.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2018, 07:12:28 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry which included the vagina.  Even if you feel otherwise well if the body is becoming dryer then the vagina which is sensitive, may well get itchy etc..  A 2 week reload may help and keep the outer lips soft and moist too.  I use Ovestin with success and add KY Jelly as necessary.

Dierdre

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2018, 12:33:26 PM »

Did  you notice any improvement with the flaxseed, Otter15?  I tried the soy yoghurt again but started to feel sore again, this has happened twice now so don't think it's coincidence.
Pages: 1 [2]