Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Update and work!  (Read 1454 times)

Sammas

Update and work!
« on: June 11, 2018, 04:49:47 AM »

First, sorry to keep asking for help! My tension headaches and tense shoulders got worse the day before I became 50, on 10th May.  I have improved my diet, go walking, started swimming, had 3 massages and go to the osteopath.  However, every day I have tense shoulders, headachy feeling or a bad tension headache. The doc phoned me for a flouroxetine review and just said take both 20mg tablets together and take 20000 u vit D twice a week as my level is low Have been taking 3000u with k daily spray for the last few weeks.  I just don't know what else to do Yesterday I felt very hormonal and irritable which my husband doesn't understand I am worried about work as I can't go on like this Thanks for reading! X

Dancinggirl

Re: Update and work!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 06:50:43 AM »

Are headaches a side effect of fluoxetine? Look this up.
I got daily headaches with amitriptyline.
If the pain is to do with problems with your upper spine - what does the osteopath say? ( possibly a bulging disc) -  then why not ask for a referral to a rheumatologist as you may be able to have a cortisone injection. DG x

Snoooze

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 08:30:21 AM »

My friend was on high dose vitamin d and it gave her really bad headaches. When I took high dose for 15 days I didn't so much get a headache but more of a tense, muggy head.

Snoooze

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 10:59:53 AM »

Sparkle, my Practice Nurse said once your level is below 30, they give you the high dose for 15 days to get your levels back up quickly. I did feel better but during the 15 days, I got the muggy head when I took them. It does seem like a lot to take all at once though.

Snoooze

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 03:33:03 PM »

I had hip pain for over a year and low Vit D does cause softening of the bones. My hip pain has now completely gone so I think I will gauge it by that. If the hip pain comes back I will ask for my level to be checked again.

Sammas

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 05:32:45 PM »

Thanks everyone for your messages I have had headaches since being a child I have been on Fluroxetine for 20 years at varying amounts Only started the high dose D on Thursday  Osteopath doesn't see any underlying problems as things did improve for a while So god only knows !!! Xx