Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Upset and shocked!!  (Read 7176 times)

renee

Upset and shocked!!
« on: June 08, 2018, 05:30:42 PM »

Hi Ladies,

Im so upset just now and cant seem to speak to my hubby or family without crying! Had a bad few years with meno, thyroid and just a month ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia!! ☹

I know these conditions arent life threatening but they have changed my wee life. I kinda can cope with the thyroid and meno situation but the fibro diagnosis is unbelievable. To live with this is not real, it cant be!

Im totally struggling how to once again re-balance my life, I had a super job which I had to give up 4 years ago due to illness then my beautiful grandchildren came along, which sort of made up for the end of my career in my late 40's. Now I cant lift my grandchildren or a kettle or squeeze out my shampoo in the shower! How do I live like this ☹

Im waiting for my rheumatology app, Im hoping I can get advice and help with this. My doctor said that my thyroid is related to my meno being quiet bad, now its my fibro being related to my thyroid being off sink again.

Any advice on how to live with no energy, flu like fatigue, pain and just alot of tears and disbelief that Im not going to be able to battle through this one 😪😪

Dotty

Re: Upset and shocked!!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 05:42:57 PM »

All of what you are describing could be due to low oestrogen. Are you taking hrt?

SueLW

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 05:53:45 PM »

Your thyroid could well need optimising.  Never just accept "it's fine" or "in range".  The aim of thyroid replacement is to have a TSH of 1 or below.  And Free T4 and Free T3 in the upper part of the reference ranges.  BUT GP's are pretty hopeless with thyroid.  So are many endocrinologists.  You really need to learn about thyroid.  Your fibro. diagnosis could be attributable to low thyroid or low Free T3 in particular. 

Healthunlocked.com is full of really useful information on thyroid and the forum, like this one, is a wonder for patients.  Don't give up.  Start really learning about thyroid.  It controls so much.  It's so important. 

And also, as the poster above said, HRT.  You may need HRT to help.

renee

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 06:10:08 PM »

Thanks for your advice ladies

Im on thyroxine and was last checked in Jan and the reading was normal after changing my mcg by half. Iv asked for another blood test but the doc said my symptoms are down to fibro as iv had a few crashes over the past 2 years with the same symptoms. Im on Tibolone and have been for over a year.

I have a doc app again on Tuesday and will request more bloods. Had a lupus and arthritis check, iron levels etc but their all ok x

SueLW

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 06:17:02 PM »

Never accept "normal" thyroid results from a GP.  Always ask for copies (you are entitled to them) and keep them to refer back to.

Most of us with thyroid issues have to run our own tests privately to get the full panel we need, which is TSH, FT3, FT4.  You rarely get a FT4 result out of the NHS and these days you have to pay with unicorn poo to get a FT3 test result!

I think you might find Healthunlocked helpful.  Some excellent advice on there for optimising nutrients and hormones to be optimally treated.  You doctor might have it the wrong way around.  The thyroid might be causing the fibro.  You have to become your own doctor with these things.

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 06:18:59 PM »

Hello renee.

I'm so sorry  that you are upset but please don't despair.

You have had some great advice already but you may want to also research anti inflammatory foods to treat fibromyalgia. Take a look at Dr Greger's NutritionFacts.org. site as there is a lot of science explaining the benefits of changing your diet.

I'm sure you'll find lots of information that can help you plus you will be able to challenge your doctors with relevant questions.

Hopefully you will discover that the future isn't as bleak as you fear.

Wishing you well and sending hugs.

K.

renee

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 06:58:22 PM »

Thanks ladies,

I will definetly ask my Doc on Tuesday about more thyroid testing, and about T3 etc. I will also look Healthunlocked website tomorrow.

I have expressed my concerns twice to my doc regarding my thyroid meds being halved and they way I feel could be a result of this but she was adamant that my levels were normal and stable now and that the pressure point test and all my other symptoms were related to fibro ☹

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 07:10:25 PM »

If you are still getting symptoms then although the readings may be 'normal', something ain't right so you need to see an endogronogist?  [sp}

renee

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 07:12:34 PM »

CLKD I will get some answers on Tuesday....Im not accepting this is fibro! ☹

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2018, 07:33:55 PM »

Take a list of symptoms that are under 'control' as well as the new ones?  Have you had a recent virus? 

If it's fibro getting appropriate advice will allow you to engage your other problems so that you body unites better than it is presently.  It doesn't take much to throw us out of kilter!

renee

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2018, 08:18:00 PM »

CLKD....I had the flu then a viral infection at the beginning of the year. ThenI lost my beautiful mother in law, so this year didn't start well for us 😒

Iv written down how I'm feeling onto my notebook in my phone. Speaking on here to you lovely ladies has given me the courage to push my thyroid situation with my doctor a bit further. I was on 100mcg of thyroxine for years with no problems but last year my readings went off so hence the reduction of thyroxine.

I'm currently sitting with my hot water bottle trying to heat myself up as I'm also cold a lot 😞

So appreciate all your advice, my thought process feels a bit more lucid 😍
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 08:20:10 PM by renee »

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2018, 08:25:25 PM »

Isn't feeling cold a sign of thyroid problems ?  :-\

Thyroid problems can really thrown the body out of kilter ..........

Tempest

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2018, 08:28:01 PM »

Bless you, Renee! If you're feeling cold a lot, it definitely smacks of thyroid! You need an evaluation before they slap a Fibro. label on you (Dr Vliet in her book 'Screaming To Be Heard' talks extensively about how Fibro. is predominantly diagnosed in women and the symptoms are pretty much the same as hormonal imbalance - including the so called 'fibro fog' and the brain fog of estrogen depletion. This woman is a marvel)! xxxx

Loki

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2018, 08:58:38 PM »

Hi Renee
I'm new here. My heart goes out to you and I'm sending you a big gentle virtual hug. I've gone opposite way from you fibro was 1st diagnosis Jan 2016 although I've not seen a rheumatologist, then  thyriod goiitre, waiting for endocrinologist appointment on 19 June and now gp thinks perimenapause too. It is horrible, isolating and terrifying to have your quality of life ripped from under your feet. If it is fibro as well it does improve over time, mine did (i struggled walking from my livingroom into my kitchen) although I've never been pain free and fatigue still gets me but it becomes manageable. As for fibro and thyroid it could be you are a bad converter of t4 into t3 so should get your t3 levels checked as well as vitamin d. The thyroid UK site is a wealth of info and please read the article by a dr Lowe on fibro and conversion of t4 and t3. I think it's on the associated condition part.
I so hope you feel better soon.xx

Kathleen

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2018, 09:32:35 PM »

Hello again ladies.

Just wanted to add that my GP said it wasn't necessary to test t3 if all other levels are within range, also it costs the surgery fifty pounds every time so they don't offer the test!

Take care all and goodnight.

K.
Pages: [1] 2 3