Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Going back on HRT - advice needed  (Read 936 times)

applejack

Going back on HRT - advice needed
« on: June 04, 2018, 12:05:17 PM »

Hi

took HRT last year but came off again.  Symptoms are back with a vengeance so I'm seeing the doc again at the end of the month.   timeline was
Apr2016 - last period
Nove 2016 - minor spotting
June 2017 - started on femiston conti, lowest dose.
worked great but the spotting didn't stop. So was put on a higher dose which resulted in two very heavy bleeds in Nove/Dec of last year.  Scanned, checked out ok, all well, but I came off it.

So now, 6 months later, I'm desperate.  I'd like to go back on HRT because it worked for the symptoms, but the bleeding and then the two really heavy periods were not fun.  I don't want to use a mirena.  But I don't want to have periods.  Moon on a stick, I know.

What's the best option (I'm 53, btw)?  Is my only choice to take sequi and put up with periods?  Gah!  would much prefer conti, but I'm not sure I was ready for it back then.  might be now, but can't judge that owing to the two HRT induced periods last winter.

So complicated.  Thank goodness I have a sympathetic doctor, but she'll tell me to use a mirena and I really don't want to.

Dotty

Re: Going back on HRT - advice needed
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 12:30:26 PM »

The hrt you were taking would have caused a bleed as its a sequential hrt.

If you want conti hrt try Oestrogel and Utrogestan. 

applejack

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 09:07:00 PM »

Ah sorry, didn't make it clear enough.  It was femoston conti, not sequential.  It triggered my periods again.

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 07:37:51 AM »

It’s possible that you didn’t give the new dose enough time to settle. Any new hrt can take 6 months and breakthrough bleeding is normal within this time .

Try Oestrogel and Utrogestan.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 07:40:45 AM by Dotty »

Ladybird 2

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 09:16:40 PM »

Hi Applejack & Dotty,
I am 53 & same position had terrible bleeding & marina suggested. I too did not want to have coil either, so I came off HRT evorel sequi last June. Periods stopped it was first time since I was 11 :D
The night sweats were causing serious lack of sleep & after 8 months asked for HRT again. Utrogeston 3rd time no but everol conti was offered so I took for 2 months feeling weepy slight bleed & very painful breasts. Dr then gave me femseven sequi which caused a blister rash 6 weeks ago otherwise better than evorel conti. Back to Doc asked for Utrogestan & mentioned slight bleed he said no not something they can give. So I have gone private & on day 6 of Utrogeston pesseries & Estrogel which I feel fine with. It is plant based & I am taking for 12 days & took tips if you are post meno & don't know your cycle take 1 - 12 Progesterone Utrogeston.Hope this will help Applejack.
Dotty I would like to know if post meno we will have a periods on this regime as I am going away, nothing so far?