Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Estrogel v oestrodose  (Read 4786 times)

Ljp

Re: Estrogel v oestrodose
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2018, 10:40:21 PM »

I've had both, and notice a label covers the oestridose which say oestrogel.
I've been on oestrogel and Mirena for two and a half years, in my opinion there's no difference, it's like nurifen and ibuprofen, exactly the same just different branding and packaging.

Mustard1

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2018, 03:12:01 PM »

Thanks Lpj - I think the best option is for me to try it and hope it doesny cause more issues.  My menopause symptoms are really irrational anxiety regarding slerping and getting up between 5 to 7 times a night to pee.  I sm 53 and post menopausal.  The HRT has helped with low mood and body heat but not quiet the bladder issue and anxiety but maybe I need to give it time. M xx

Joaniepat

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2018, 03:29:39 PM »

Mustard1, some local oestrogen, either Vagifem or Ovestin, should help the bladder issues. It sounds like the start of urogenital atrophy, which can cause bladder problems such as urgency and frequency. Many women need both systemic and local oestrogen to control it. Having to get up so often at night would leave anyone feeling frazzled!

JP x
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 03:31:12 PM by Joaniepat »

Mustard1

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2018, 04:04:15 PM »

Thanks for that information JP - I will follow that up.  That would be such a relief to get that resolved. Mx

Hurdity

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2018, 07:16:07 PM »

The leaflet with the product will state all the ingredients in a product. In principle these consist of: the active ingredient (in this case Estradiol 0.06 %) + the carrier ingredients - so for those who have tried both, if you have kept the leaflets  you will be able to see if the carrier ingredients are different.  As far as I understand ( but I haven't tried them and difficult to find any other PIL on the web than Estrogel - which lists the ingredients), we had a discussion in the past on another thread and it is possilbe if the containers are made of different materials then the consistency at different temperatures could be different, and this could affect absorption. Also the ingredients don't list the proportions so there is a possibility that the proportions of the the different carrier ingredients may differ (even if estradiol remains the same) - and this wouldn't show on the leaflet. For example (just thinking aloud!) a preparation in a hot country might include more of an ingredient that slowed the drying time so that the gel didn't dry as quickly (if it dries too quickly then less is absorbed - apparently).

Only the manufacturer will be able to answer this question.

Hurdity x

Mustard1

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2018, 11:05:31 AM »

Hello Ladies,  I have a reply from Besin regarding and have tried, unsuccessfully, to upload the e mail.  Can anyone help.  I go to attchmetens put it doesn't give me the option to browse my own directory.  M xx

Dotty

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2018, 11:20:03 AM »

Can you copy and paste it?

Mustard1

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2018, 03:46:03 PM »

I have saved it as a photo - I use a MAC but I can't get the photo over to this site.  I think I am being daft as it can't be this difficult.  It won't let me copy and paste as it is now a picture and it wants to take the whole picture.  Any help welcome?  Mx
Pages: 1 [2]