Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: New and confused- Just started HRT Utrogestan and Oestrogel  (Read 1174 times)

koolkat

Hi all! I am 51, and had my last period sometimes around Sept-Dec 2016. I have just started Utrogestan and Oestrogel gel (Estradiol 80g). My GP prescribed me HRT a year ago, and it has been sitting on my desk until, well, 12 days ago, when I started both the gel and progesterone at the same time. As it was given to me a while ago, things have now changed. My GP did print out some intructions for me, which I have left behind on a recent holiday, and just now managed to retrieve them.

I think I made a mistake in the dosage. My doctor note says: Oestrogel should be 2 doses daily continuously, and Utrogestan 1 daily on day 15-26 of a 28 days period.
On the packets it says: Oestrogel 2 measures for 12 days, and Utrogestan 1 daily from day 1 to 25 in a 28 days period.
I started 12 days ago with both at the same time, as I do not have periods, but I am not sure if I have to stop now with Oestrogel? and stop Utrogestan on day 25? It seems to me they are saying two different things. I am on day 12 and so far the only side effects I had was a couple morning of colossal letargy one hour after taking the Utrogestan, which I have now switched at nighttime.
So glad I found this group!
Chris

Dotty

Re: New and confused- Just started HRT Utrogestan and Oestrogel
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 06:02:36 AM »

Use both daily in post menopause. Use Oestrogel in the morning and Utrogestan at night. That's what I do .