Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Can’t live it, can’t without it !  (Read 928 times)

Rosie63

Can’t live it, can’t without it !
« on: June 14, 2018, 11:37:44 AM »

Hi ladies

Just thinking this morning whilst doing some housework. I have taken a break from HRT because I seemed to be feeling worse.  Only been 4 days off and I have done this before but have already noticed my digestive system/stomach issues have calmed down, my skin is better and I just generally feel better in myself.  That's the good news ! The bad news is that I know within another couple of days the muscle and joint aches, the low mood and the flu-like symptoms will return and I will back on the HRT  :(  Hence my thoughts on can't live with/can't live without !!

Just wondering if anyone else feels similarly ?

Rosie63 xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Can’t live it, can’t without it !
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 04:58:51 PM »

Have you tried over-the-counter pain relief for the aches and pains?  Maybe decide which symptoms you find difficult to deal with and treat those as separate issues rather than under the menopause 'umbrella'?

As oestrogen levels drop the muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  However, if HRT is causing other problems ........

Tiddles

Re: Can’t live it, can’t without it !
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 09:20:03 PM »

Hi Rosie. I'm on HRT but plan to take a break at some point to see where I'm at so thank you for sharing your experience of that - it's helpful to know what I might be in for!  Re aches and pains, I get them too in my back and legs, even with HRT.  I've forced myself into the habit of walking 3 miles every morning to relieve them. When I get up I ache; once I've walked it's loads better.  It takes about an hour.  Might be worth a try for you ? xxx