Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Mirena coil, occasional bleeding  (Read 1757 times)

Ljp

Mirena coil, occasional bleeding
« on: June 02, 2018, 08:00:16 AM »

Hi, I have been using Mirena coil and oestrogel combination for 2 abd a half years, I get occasional light bleeds, not regularly, not every month, by occasionally, rarely enough to need a pad, just blood when I wipe.
Should I be concerned? Does anyone else experience this? Is it just the coil doing it's job?
Thanks in advance xx

Tinkerbell

Re: Mirena coil, occasional bleeding
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 03:21:34 PM »

I am two years in with Mirena, post meno and get occasional staining, I was told unless it became more frequent or heavy it wasn't a problem.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 03:23:28 PM »

Have you mentioned it to your doctor, perhaps ask for a scan.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 03:56:27 PM »

A bit of spotting or light bleeding is quite normal with the Mirena - only about 60% of women with a Mirena are totally bleed free.
DG x

Ljp

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 05:27:32 PM »

Thank you, I had a scan last year as the strings from my Mirena had disappeared and obviously needed to check it was still in place, which it is, strings have just gone up into my cervix.
At that time (and I had had a few spotting episodes prior) the lining was thin (4mm) I'm not unduly concerned, and haven't mentioned to my GP, its only ever light and lasts 1-3 days at most.
I'm wondering if this time has anything to do with me reducing my oestrogel dose from 3 to 2 pumps, I did it for 4 daystgis weeks, but VA started to be a bit sore so went back to 3 pumps, Thursday and yesterday, and it was yesterday the spotting started, and still today

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 05:38:29 PM »

Ljp - changing your dosage may have had an influence but unless the bleeding becomes heavy, I wouldn't worry. DG x

Ljp

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 07:11:28 PM »

Thank you DG XX :)

Dollydream

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2018, 08:39:01 AM »

Hi Ljp
I've given up HRT (oestrogel) recently as the spotting/bleeding used to drive me mad.  The mirena was fitted in 2016 and I still have this in and would never say never again but the constant not knowing of when the bleeding would start was very frustrating.  I even cut down on the oestrogel and that didn't work.  I'm bleed free now and coping with the hot flushes - they have eased massively since I last had a break from HRT and I am hoping that I am almost through this (I'm 53).  I had problematic bleeding with the sequi and conti regimes I used, so I just don't think the oestrogen part suited me.  I hope things settle down for you soon.
Dolly x

Ljp

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2018, 02:08:27 PM »

Hi Dollydream,
Thank you for the reply, are you post menopausal or peri?
I dont have bleeds often or regularly, it's just occasional light spotting.
I was told by my HP that if I wanted to come off HRT I could leave the Mirena in as it wouldn't do much after it expires next year, but I think if ever I do come off the HRT I would want the coil removed too x

Dollydream

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2018, 03:01:40 PM »

Hi Ljp
When I started the HRT journey I had gone 7/8 months without a period that was 2.5 years ago, so I would imagine I'm post meno now but I have been plagued with the spotting/bleeding for quite a lot of the time I was on HRT so I don't know for sure.  The mirena/oestrogel was the best of the regimes which I tried but now I'm hoping that I can do without it xx