Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Prempak C, Elleste duet , Estrogel Utrogestan  (Read 1415 times)

Peppy

Prempak C, Elleste duet , Estrogel Utrogestan
« on: June 02, 2018, 08:34:34 AM »

Hi everyone I'm new here and this is the first time I have written a post even though I have been reading a lot of other peoples. I would really love some advice please I'll give a little background history first.
I am 54 years old and started taking Prempak C in March 2011 when I became aware of night flushes which were disturbing my already bad sleep pattern (I have fibromyalgia). I stayed on these tablets for almost 7 years but in all that time I had such bad aching joints which I thought was due to the fibro but now realise it could have been the tablets! Anyway Prempak C has been discontinued in England and I was then put on Elleste duet which made me have tender breasts mood swings and generally feeling unwell but no night sweats. Over the last 3 months I have gradually reduced the Elleste tablets because I would like to stop taking any HRT if possible because I feel I've been on them for quite a long time now but the flushes and night sweats are back with a vengeance. OMG I just can't cope with the constant feeling of being so hot and then cold!! I have never been a sweaty person and this is really getting me down  :(. So after a lot of research and absolutely no help from my new doctor who said and I quote " Menopause is a natural part of the aging process and you should try and just get through it because there are so many side effects and problems with HRT treatments" he also said "I haven't got time to go through which ones may suit you you'll have to research what you want then tell me and I'll prescribe it for you".
So after a lot of research I've come up with Estrogel and 100mg Utrogestan.
I would really appreciate any other members views on this combo please I only started yesterday and already my arm feels sore where the gel was applied unfortunately because of the fibro I am super sensitive to anything touching my skin but it could be psychosomatic as I would have prefered not to use or take anything but like I said I can't cope anymore. Please anyone tell me your story's good or bad on this combination. Thanks  :)   

Dancinggirl

Re: Prempak C, Elleste duet , Estrogel Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 11:34:16 AM »

Hi and welcome to MMPeppy
I personally didn't get on with Utrogestan that well but many others love it.  I assume you are using continuous, non bleed regime and I'm afraid Utrogestan can often give quite a strong sedative effect when taken continuously.  Many ladies using Utrogestan stay with a sequential regime and do 10-12 days of Utro used vaginally to reduce side effects but this does involve putting up with a withdrawal bleed.
I had a Mirena in post meno with the Oestrogel and this proved a very good option so may be worth considering if you don't get on with the Utrogestan. I'd use the gel on your inner thighs and it really won't be what is making your arm to ache.  DG x
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 03:50:33 PM by Dancinggirl »

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 01:40:36 PM »

I take Utrogestan continuously and have had no problems at all. I use Oestrogel and I rub it on my shoulders and outer arms every morning and I use 4 pumps.

Try not to read posts about women who don't like it and remember there are hundreds of women using it successfully who do not come on these forums.

Peppy

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 11:00:36 PM »

Thank you both for answering. I'm going to use the Utrogestan from day 15 to 27 and have a bleed I would prefer this. I always seem super sensitive to anything but I quite like the idea of sedation lol I could really do with some sleep! I was considering the Mirena as an alternative but didn't know if it would be prescribed for menopause symptoms.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 07:57:49 AM »

I had the Mirena in post meno and it was the best HRT regime I ever tried - and I have tried just about every hrt regime there is. DG x