Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Facial hair  (Read 4680 times)

Juneo

Facial hair
« on: June 01, 2018, 05:59:31 PM »

So I noticed a few random brown hairs appearing on my top lip i asked my go about this month's ago she said it's an age thing just wondered what other people do regarding this and also my eyebrows are disappearing it doesent help with self confidence x

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Facial hair
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 06:14:12 PM »

Hi Juneo.

Yep, I've got those too, and the odd one sticking out of my chin too.!
I use hair remover, sensitive one, Nair , I think it's called, I just put it on ,
wait 1 - 2 minutes at most, then wipe it off, all gone. Have to do that once a week
or if I'm going anywhere just to make sure.

As for my eyebrows, I didn't have many anyway, so I had them done, semi perminate
Tattoo'd...... look much better now.
It gives me back my confidence, knowing that I've got no unsightly hairs growing out of places.

Jd x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 06:16:15 PM »

See my thread "My Chin!"  ;)

The brown spots are signs of ageing, something to do with melatonin I think.  I have a raised spot on my forehead which is annoying at it itches sometimes.

Juneo

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 06:40:23 PM »

Hi jillydoll
I will try that Thank you i was using tweezers but it's quite painful, I will look into my eyebrows trouble is I need to put my glasses on to see everything even trying to put make-up on is a nightmare so I tend not to bother thankyou, and clkd i have a couple on my forehead i do remember my nana bless her having the same come to think of it, if it's not the top end causing problems then it's the bottom lol

AngsanaBlossom

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 07:33:24 AM »

Same here. I've always had a few but now they are multiplying. I have a magnified mirror and a good pair of tweezers. I think the best thing to do is either have electrolysis or have that part of your face threaded.

Juneo

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 07:48:49 AM »

Could this be a hormonal imbalance in wondering if just an age thing in 53, I haven't heard of  threading .

Hinari hot flush

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 09:55:18 AM »

Ive got a bit of facial hair and use that JML flawless thing and its quite good. I find my facial hair is like when a teenage boy gets a wispy moustache in puberty (God remember that ladies ;))  that there so proud off. I can tell you im not proud of mine ;D

Mrs Bella

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 10:18:25 AM »

Ive got a bit of facial hair and use that JML flawless thing and its quite good. I find my facial hair is like when a teenage boy gets a wispy moustache in puberty (God remember that ladies ;))  that there so proud off. I can tell you im not proud of mine ;D
Oh I am with you on this one HHF. It's frightening looking in the mirror as they seem to pop up overnight.
What is a JML flawless thing?

Juneo

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2018, 10:31:49 AM »

What is the jml flawless thing I haven't heard of it  :)

Hinari hot flush

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2018, 12:15:01 PM »

Oh I am with you on this one HHF. It's frightening looking in the mirror as they seem to pop up overnight.

I notice them in the mirror when im in the car and the bloody sun along with making the flushes more regular makes the fine hairs more noticable too. One day i thought it was chocolate on my lip but  no it was my 5 o clock shadow ;D

Its a little hand held trimmer basically.

https://www.jmldirect.com/health-and-beauty/hair-removal/finishing-touch-flawless/

Juneo

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2018, 02:48:19 PM »

Hinari hot flush my husband thinks it's funny apparently it shows more when I'm on holiday, it drives me and my man is in her 70s and never had any but my sister is 52 and I noticed she had several i didn't say anything lol.  :-X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2018, 03:28:46 PM »

See My Chin thread  ;)

Mrs Bella

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2018, 05:05:44 PM »

I notice them in the mirror when im in the car and the bloody sun along with making the flushes more regular makes the fine hairs more noticable too. One day i thought it was chocolate on my lip but  no it was my 5 o clock shadow ;D

https://www.jmldirect.com/health-and-beauty/hair-removal/finishing-touch-flawless/
LOL That's when I also notice them too. I permanently have twisters in the car. I am going to scout one of those in OZ now. Thank you HHF!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 05:07:45 PM by Mrs Bella »

Hinari hot flush

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2018, 10:38:45 AM »

Hinari hot flush my husband thinks it's funny apparently it shows more when I'm on holiday, it drives me and my man is in her 70s and never had any but my sister is 52 and I noticed she had several i didn't say anything lol.  :-X

Maybe he's just jealous Juneo ;) Maybe its cause you get a bit of a tan so shows more.

Must be from your dads side of the family did your sister get rid of the hairs eventually?

Hinari hot flush

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2018, 10:40:11 AM »

LOL That's when I also notice them too. I permanently have twisters in the car. I am going to scout one of those in OZ now. Thank you HHF!
I use my flawless in the car when I see them. This getting old is wonderful :D
Pages: [1] 2