Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Continued stomach pain  (Read 6512 times)

Rosie63

Continued stomach pain
« on: June 01, 2018, 05:08:14 PM »

Hi ladies

I know I've asked for advice on this before but I'm still really struggling with stomach problems. I'm not constipated and don't feel windy or bloated but have constant pain and a kind of soreness in my stomach.  I've taken Estrogel on it's own and it was the same so I know it's not progesterone that's causing the problem. I'm therefore fairly sure it's a reaction I'm having to Estradiol.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, did you find an answer ? Is there anything else I could try do you think, apart from the equine estrogen.

Sorry to keep banging on about this but it's really getting me down and I'm worried that I'm never going to find something that suits me while I'm suffering like this.

Thanks as always.

Rosie63 x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Continued stomach pain
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 06:32:03 PM »

What exercise do you do?  Could it be muscular?

Rosie63

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 07:05:11 PM »

I don't think so CLKD. I swim regularly so nothing too strenuous  ;) When I stop taking HRT, which I have done to give myself a break from the discomfort, it goes so I defo think it's hormone related. My GP seems to think it could be too but didn't have any suggestions apart from trying different HRT.  The trouble is if it is the Estradiol, it's going to be the same.  Feeling a bit lost with it all at the moment  >:(

Rosie xx

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 08:37:52 PM »

Could you have a chat with a Pharmacist in your local Chemist, most have private rooms these days?

It is in the stomach itself or around the belly button area?  Hiatus hernia is common in menopause because muscles may become lax which means that sometimes reflux can cause pain in the area between the ribs .........

dangermouse

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 08:53:58 PM »

I've not heard others here mention this symptom from HRT although high oestrogen can cause slow transit which means that food sits in your stomach for longer which can irritate it.

In case that would make sense if your dose is too high or you already have enough of your own oestrogen.

Have you tried lowering the dose rather than stopping?

Rosie63

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 09:22:57 PM »

Thanks for your replies ladies.  CLKD - the pain is more around the belly button area.  I will speak to a pharmacist about it as you suggest. We're going away tomorrow for a few days so will do it when I come back. We're going with grandchildren so will need to find some energy from somewhere  ;D

I'm in my early 60's Dangermouse, so don't think I will be making my own Estrogen anymore.  I did try adjusting the dose when I was taking Estrogel but less than 3 pumps wasn't managing my meno symptoms. I'm trying Femoston now but having the same issue.  I'm very close to stopping everything at the moment but I doubt I will manage without HRT. 

I'm trying Kefir now so if it is a gut problem, that might help.

Thanks again for your suggestions and support ladies.

Rosie xx

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 01:56:51 PM »

Let us know how you are on holiday too?

Postcard please  ;)

Do you lift the grand-children a lot?

Rosie63

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 02:19:30 PM »

Will do. Not really CLKD they are 8 and 4 boys so a bit heavy for me.  I think it could be a gut problem because I've got indigestion today and I feel as though there's something stuck between my boobs and belly button. I will see how I go on holiday and if I don't feel any better, I'll make an appointment with my gp when I get back.

I hope you're well and enjoying your weekend.

Rosie xx

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2018, 03:31:59 PM »

Could it be slow transit?  I could watch wind work it's way down my belly in waves  ::) particularly when in the bath  ;).

Specific medication saved my Life at that time when IBS was diagnosed.  My gut action had almost stopped.  Hopefully your holiday will alter things ;-).

Daisydot

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2018, 04:55:57 PM »

Try some good old milk of magnesia Rosie if it's slow transit due to oestrogen levels that'll help it along and try and include more olive oil in your diet I have to do this now.remember you could get some die off symptoms with the kefir so if your not feeling great I'd stop the kefir and try the other things then when your feeling better just a half glass of kefir alternate mornings for two weeks to build up your probiotics then stop for a week then resume and  so on.good luck xx

Rosie63

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2018, 08:21:00 PM »

Hi Daisydot. Sorry for not acknowledging your reply sooner but have been away for a few days.  Could you just explain what you mean by die off symptoms from the kefir please ?  I will give the milk of magnesia a try too.  I seem to remember that you suffer similarly because I remember your comment about the price of it which made me lol 😂  So is it very likely that the amount of oestrogen I'm taking is causing gut problems, especially if it was sensitive anyway I.e. IBS? The trouble is I'm trying different HRT preparations and only staying on them for a couple of weeks because I can't cope with the stomach discomfort which I know is probably not a good thing to be doing ! I guess I'm just hoping I will hit on something that I feel well on !

CKLD - yes I know what you're saying about the wind.  I can actually see my stomach moving sometimes when I'm laying in the bath. 

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my earlier posts xx

Rosie63

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2018, 08:35:33 PM »

You could be describing my symptoms, i posted earlier that i have had gut problem for about4 years, i started hrt 8 weeks ago and the ibs type symptoms went and now i have , like you a gripping pain just under my bust
I have a ‘theory' i read quite a bit about bile and menopause. When your oestrogen drops so does bile production, so you get slow transit, bloating, ibs type stuff, so my theory is when your bile starts increasing ( due to hrt & increased oestrogen) then i figure that my gall bladder is none too happy.
I could be completely wrong here, but next time is see my gp i will tell him about it

Daisydot

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2018, 08:41:32 PM »

Hi Rosie have a google at die off symptoms that'll explain it far better than I can,it's kind of when your body is tryng to get rid of the toxins by say using kefir milk or some other herbal remedy and this creates more problems initially until your body manages to overcome it and then you start to get the benefits it's called herxheimer reaction,told you I was crap explaining it lol.anyway I doubt it's anything to do with oestrogen.you could also try buscopan ,my spanish gp told me stress was causing my bowel to go into spasm so he gave me buscopan it's an anti spasmodic and also mild sedatives and within the week my pain had stopped,I'd suffere nearly a year with the pain especially in my ribs,no bread of any kind and no pasta of any kind and milk of magnesia to help in transit or as I said increase your olive oil intake it all softens the stools.stick with your hrt and I'll bet you'll settle down nicely on it when you can get the gut/ibs settled.xx

Rosie63

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2018, 08:51:03 PM »

Thanks Daisydot. Your comments give me hope of sorting these problems out ! I'll definitely give your suggestions a try and will let you know how I get on if you don't mind. Funnily enough my gp is Spanish and I find him very sympathetic and helpful 😊

Sgtvhilts - it's very interesting what you say and I would be interested to hear what your gp says if you wouldn't mind letting me know.

Thank you so much ladies.

Rosie63 xx

matildamouse

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2018, 07:31:34 AM »

Rosie I had ongoing and intense stomach cramping which felt like a mix between IBS and period pains when I started HRT ( estrogen and progesterone) for about 4 months which then settled up to today. ( 3 years later)  I had a long history of IBS which worsened during menopause but changed from the diarhoea type to constipation nowadays. Hope yours settle down as well.
Pages: [1] 2