Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Scan results  (Read 1227 times)

Loulou1960

Scan results
« on: May 30, 2018, 04:06:49 PM »

Hi everyone...had scan today,happy as endometrium thickness 3.6mm with 10 days of vaginal urogeston and continuous oestrogel 2pumps daily.., but just asking,ovaries seem large at 26 mm Rt  side and 24mm left side. All seems normal,no cysts seen...Uterus 99mm.Uterus and ovaries alot bigger since starting on HRT 4 months ago..Is this normal ?

Taz2

Re: Scan results
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 12:16:31 PM »

Hi. I've found this https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11428180 which seems to say that uterus and endometrium increase while on HRT but not ovaries - but I might not have read it right! Maybe if you are not post-menopause then they do increased. I'm on my phone and can't reload the page to check :-\

Taz x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 04:29:08 PM »

That's an interesting study Taz! I'm on pc and had a quick look and that seems right what you said! - but yes the study was carried out on post-menopausal women only.

I wasn't aware that these measurements were ever taken - as far as I know it's usually just the womb lining thickness that is measured - except maybe if other problems are suspected? However I wouldn't worry Loulou - though - your lining is lovely and thin and if you have no cysts then sounds like all is well :)

Hurdity x

Perinowpost

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 06:45:39 PM »

Hi Loulou et al

Not wanting to hijack your post Loulou but add to it, as I have had a similar experience. (I've not been on the forum for a while but checked back in specifically to ask).

A couple of years ago the sonographer told me during a scan that she couldn't find my ovaries and that I was probably post menopausal and that they had shrivelled up.  I accepted this as it seemed to make sense.

However ... just recently I had another scan to check my womb lining and this time I was told my ovaries were normal size.  When I mentioned I'd thought they had disappeared the sonographer told me that hrt 'tricks' the body into thinking it isn't menopausal, and that was why my ovaries were normal size.

I've got to admit I am confused.  Can ovaries plump up again ladies, does anyone know?  I ask because I've always secretly been worried about ovarian cancer, and I do get a bit of pain in that area if I jump up quickly from the sofa. 

I'd be grateful for any advice

Peri(nowpost) x

Cassie

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 06:54:46 PM »

I am not sure but I have had cysts on both ovaries for about 5 yrs now and on HRT so could be, the Dr just measures them, says fluid filled and also told me last time my uterus was slightly larger than normal but nothing to worry about, I think long as the cysts are within normal limits and dont look suspcious and if the lining is not too thick then all should be hunky dory. :-\

Loulou1960

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 07:20:13 PM »

Thank you ladies for your replies,interesting ...will carry on maintainence scans .