Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Brigitte Nielsen pregnant at 54  (Read 1492 times)

Hinari hot flush

Brigitte Nielsen pregnant at 54
« on: May 31, 2018, 06:15:49 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5787841/Sylvester-Stallones-ex-Brigitte-Nielsen-54-Red-Sonja-fame-reveals-heavily-pregnant.html

What do we think of this? I had my last child at 38 and that felt old :P

I can understand the women who have had difficulties through out their life and decided to have one last go at it or just havent found the right partner but in Brigitte's case this is her 5th child.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Brigitte Nielsen pregnant at 54
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 06:17:52 PM »

Too old.  What is she trying to prove?

54 is Grandma age surely. 

Abba Fan

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 08:01:09 PM »

I met her in Athens when I was working in my sister in laws clothes shop in 1993, she was soooo tall and the most down to earth person I ever met. Good luck to her, she's had a rough few years battling alcoholism.

Dorothy

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 08:57:37 PM »

It's difficult to say 'no you shouldn't have a child' if you are still physically able to have one, but at the same time, I do worry for the child growing up, having a mum who is the same age as other people's grandmothers.  Plus of course the likelihood of losing your mum while you are still young.

My uncle became a dad in his 50s.  He's just died leaving children who are barely adult.  I know you can die at any age, but the risk of leaving kids behind young is so much higher when you are an older parent.  I feel so much for my cousins going through this bereavement so young; it was hard enough losing my dad in my late 30s. 

Tinkerbell

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 09:20:46 PM »

I had my youngest when I was 40 and am the same age as Brigette Nielsen.... no way would I want another one at this age!

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 09:29:12 PM »

If she has addiction problems  :-X

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 09:31:35 PM »

Yep, totally agree with you Dorothy,
Can't understand why they have them sooo old, but each to their own.
She does seem ok though as a person, I saw her on the tele with Joan Rivers,
and Joan was totally horrible to her, something had happened between the two of them
before, but Joan really made her look small. ( ha ha, that'll be a first for her then) lol
And to be fair, she did keep her dignity, unlike Joan. ( it was Joan's show )
She has had a bad time in her life, and if this is what she wants then good luck to her,
we're all in need of some happiness in our lives and if this makes her happy, then good luck
to her.          I would have stopped at the 5th child mind you, wouldn't be able to stand any more
Little people running around me. Lol

Jd x

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 06:25:20 PM »

Thoughtless.  Maybe there is full child care?  How much of Mummy will the child actually see?  How busy is Mummy ......... will there be a support group if Mummy continues working ..........