Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: No bleed on sequi?  (Read 759 times)

AlphabettiSpaghetti

No bleed on sequi?
« on: May 31, 2018, 05:10:16 PM »

Hello
I'm on 3 pumps of oestrogel daily, 1 pump of tostran every other day and 100mg utrogestan for 10 days per month and then no utrogestan for 18 days. (This is recent- I used to take 100mg every day but consultant reduced it to see if it would reduce my anxiety symptoms. I'm not having any bleeds at all- not for months and months. Should I be worried? I thought sequi was supposed to give you a bleed?

Hurdity

Re: No bleed on sequi?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 05:17:07 PM »

Some women do not bleed on cyclical HRT. Are you taking the Utrogestan orally or vaginally? Orally that is much less than the licensed dose although you would still expect some light bleeding if any lining has built up. Towards the end of monthly cyclical HRT with progesterone in my mid/late 50's I eventually didn't get a bleed although my oestrogen dose was lower and my prog dose higher - so I was able to lengthen my cycle.  If your lining was overthickening then you would bleed sporadically but you wouldn't want to get to that stage. No bleed when taking proesterone is not usually a cause for concern. Sorry I can't remember where you are in menopause re natural periods etc?

Hurdity x

AlphabettiSpaghetti

Re: No bleed on sequi?
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 09:30:38 PM »

Thanks. I replied to your reply on my thread over in private lives, about tostran. Both my gp and the consultant gynae seem to know sweet fa about what / how much to prescribe. The gynae said to me that I could get something ‘on the internet' that might help, and also when I asked to try testosterone, asked me what type, then asked me how to spell testim, then wrote it down wrong. I was nonplussed to say the least.
I'm 45, have had prem menopause (took years to convince them that was happening too!) and been on hrt for about 3 years. All my knowledge comes from trawling forums like this. I have been wondering if I'm on too little progesterone. The gynae said when cutting the utrogestan down from 25 days to 10 days ‘you're taking lots of oestrogen but it's probsbly not getting through because of all the progesterone, so let's reduce that'. I have to say I'm not convinced that progesterone ‘blocks' oestrogen?