Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: High levels of testosterone!!! And E pellets  (Read 918 times)

Sazduggs

High levels of testosterone!!! And E pellets
« on: May 30, 2018, 03:26:18 PM »

I have been using testosterone gel for a Year now and my levels have just come back as 4.3!!! That's really high isn't it??

Also I've had the E pellet for 6 weeks and my levels are 255, im so tired should I add a 25 patch? When I was on 200 of everol patches I had to be between 500-900 to feel ok.

I don't get another pellet until August 1st.

When do pellets peak?

Not sure what to do

Xxx

Hurdity

Re: High levels of testosterone!!! And E pellets
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 05:22:06 PM »

Hi Sazduggs

Although testosterone blood tests aren't especially accurate in women that does seem on the high side yes. However do you also have a measurement of SHBG - because usually it is total testosterone that is measured, and most of this is bound up to SHBG? If this is also high then it is less of a worry! You then calculate the Free Androgen Index which is Total Testosterone/SHBG (neasured in same units) x 100

Sorry I can't help with the pellets, but sounds like the dose isn't high enough if this is accurate and also especially if your T levels are high - as you don't want to become relatively T dominant!

What does your consultant say? Also re adding a low dose patch?

Hurdity x

Salad

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 10:55:54 PM »

According to the information I was told at the Menopause Clinic I go to - the range for testosterone is
1-6, although my own doctor said 0-5, so which ever you go by you're still in range - but do you feel good on it?

I have no experience of pellets - would you be able to contact whoever popped them in to ask?

Sazduggs

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 06:22:44 AM »

That's a bit of a relief!

I think I'm going to just put the T on 2-3 times a week instead of every day for a while.

As for the pellet I'm under nick Panay and it's near impossible to get help until you see him every 6 months!

I have phoned his secretary who forwards on the message to the nurse practitioner who is great and actually does the pellet clinic but when she rings back I'm always in theatre with a patient myself! (I'm a anaestethic nurse)

I'm feeling a bit better since I added the 25 patch, I now don't feel like I have narcolepsy!! 😂