Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Hrt POISON or GIFT?  (Read 2744 times)

Dancinggirl

Re: Hrt POISON or GIFT?
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2018, 03:30:05 PM »

Daisy - your daughter is being foolish - she should listen to her wise mother DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2018, 03:33:37 PM »

She is probably coping then?   She may not have such a bad time ......... print off the list of 48+ symptoms and .......  ;)

Daisydot

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2018, 03:35:32 PM »

Thank you DG she's a fool but I'll be here when she needs me hopefully.I wish I'd known what I know now when my poor mum was here her life would have been so different.x
She's not coping at all CLKD but isn't interested in my help sadly.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2018, 03:37:46 PM »

Stand well back then.  If you have given advice: can take a horse to water etc..  Does she moan at you though  :-\

Daisydot

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2018, 03:43:07 PM »

Yes moans like hell no one understands what I go through etc but when I try to console her and advise I'm poking my nose in or trying to take over her life,I'm very very passive and hate aggression of any kind I'm very like my own mother,she's the opposite,so as you say all I can do is stand back till or if she comes to me.

Conolly

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2018, 04:02:04 PM »

Hello there,

I think all things in life come as a full package, good and bad, yin and yang, they're complementary. All drugs can be used as medicine or poison, it depends on many variables. The wisdom lies on finding a dynamic balance, always questioning and keeping aware of your own body language. There's no cure for anything, you need to keep going and always look on the bright side of life

Conolly X
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 04:04:08 PM by Conolly »

Maxwin

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2018, 04:08:54 PM »

GIFT :) Full hysterectomy 8 years ago, went full steam into surgical meno :( Asked consultant why it had started sooooo quick and he just handed me some HRT patches and said basically you have nothing left.  Waited 3 months just to see if I could go cold turkey, no sleep. no brain, anxiety drenched in sweat all night etc due back at work so put patch on, within 5 days was sleeping better and other symptoms greatly improved.  Doctor originally said 5 years max but did try to come off HRT but every symptom returned  within days :(  Found other women saying 'but its natural why can't you cope?' upsetting.  No one can explain why surgical meno is so hard, I am nearly 59 so would of been out the other side if had a natural meno?  Will stay on HRT (low dose) even though I do still get night sweats etc for ever if possible.  My quality of life NOW is what matters.  Good luck.

Tempest

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2018, 04:27:18 PM »

Hi, Maxwin! That's great news for us fellow surgical menopause ladies! There are a few of us around here. Your risk is very, very low so no need for you to be bullied off your HRT as it's suiting you. :)

Do you mind me asking what dose you're using just now? There are two of us surgical ladies here just trying to get onto an HRT that suits us. xxxx

Forgot to say - surgical meno. is very, very different - not even GP's are clued up on this a lot of the time which beggar's belief!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 04:31:15 PM by Tempest »

Conolly

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2018, 04:56:23 PM »

Hello Tempest,

Surgical menopause is a whole different matter indeed. As in any surgical intervention that will stop your own hormonal production as in thyroidectomy, there's an absolute need for replacement asap. If only hormones weren't so complicated...

Hope you have yours sorted out soon.

Conolly X

Tempest

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2018, 06:12:07 PM »

Oh so true, and thank you so much Conolly! As I say - there's two of us. Paisley is on the same journey too but has been on the road longer, bless her! This is why I rejoined - we need to share info. and also raise awareness for women coming along behind us. xxxx

Maxwin

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2018, 07:00:24 PM »

Hi Tempest, I am using Everol 25 patch.  To be honest I did find the 50 patch better virtually no symptoms on that but did feel I should try to slowly wean myself and have stayed on 25 patch now.  I have double wammy as also take levothyroxine 50 micro tablet every day for thyroid.  Did try HRT tablets and Gel but for me patches are best (although the sticky mark left on the skin is annoying! bit baby oil soon gets it off :)   I never expected it to be so hard and still can't really understand how my body just cannot manage without HRT.  When I did try to come off it the doctor offered me mild anti dep as they do help some women with meno symptoms but I took one tablet felt sick, dizzy and nearly passed out!  They are still in my drawer lol.  My Doctor did say he still prescribes HRT for an 80 year old so just got to accept our decisions and try our best to Keep Calm and Carry On.

Mustard1

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2018, 06:39:46 PM »

My daughters are 23 and 16 and I have shared my experience with them so they are better equipped than I was when this hits.  They will know they are not losing their mind.  I wasn't one for talking about periods etc but I have learned that it is better for our daughters to know. X  :)

Tempest

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2018, 12:26:48 PM »

Thank you so much for sharing, Maxwin! I really appreciate it. :)

Well done you, Mustard - I'm hoping we'll be the generation to bring menopause out of 'whispering in corners' like previous generations. xxxx

Daisydot

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2018, 02:22:02 PM »

I wish Tempest.my kids are just not interested in fact pretty much none of my family are,all I can hope is that if and when my granddaughters need help they'll come to me this younger generation are so much more open to their grandparents advice,our kids even at 40+ still like to rebel against our advice.Ive given up on them it's hard enough trying to get through my days sometimes so right now I'm taking the selfish option.
When you say surgical menopause,I had hysterectomy at 42 womb and cervix out but ovaries left,is that what your referring to? Ty xx

Tempest

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2018, 08:53:55 PM »

Oh bless you, Daisydot! They may not know it right now, but they WILL be glad of your love and care when things get tougher. One thing we do know is that we all have to go through menopause! I have to say that I'm finding less and less of the 'i sailed through it' brigade - probably because we're all being more open about it now and there are no prizes for wearing a badge of martyrdom any more!

Surgical menopause is when you have your ovaries removed, so you are plunged into a complete hormonal deficient state overnight. The symptoms are usually much, much more severe than natural menopause and can last longer. If you keep your ovaries with hysterectomy, they can fail at the time of surgery if the blood supply to them is interrupted, or can temporarily 'sleep' due to the upheaval of surgery. In any case, menopause is usually earlier for a woman who has had a hysterectomy with ovary conservation. Hope this explains! xxxx
Pages: 1 [2] 3