Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Feeling sick  (Read 7062 times)

Nellie Noo

Re: Feeling sick
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2018, 07:00:10 PM »

Dotty ... i stopped femseven sequi a couple of weeks ago because i felt absolutely dreadful on the progesterone part .. very low and stomach was very upset. About one week later  the nausea started .. i frankly dont know whether i am coming or going. ☹️  I know i should have given it longer but couldnt stand the bad stomach any longer and convinced myself it was the hrt .

Dotty

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 07:48:25 PM »

Nellie Noo my nausea started before HRT so I know it's a meno symptom and not caused by hrt. It's continued even though I've been taking hrt but I was told that symptoms carry on until the oestrogen builds up.

Nellie Noo

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2018, 11:00:57 AM »

Thank you dotty ! your comment has convinced me to go back on the femseven and give it longer . Thanks x

Dotty

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2018, 12:10:25 PM »

Nellie Noo - its so hard to know what is menopausal and what is side effects of the tablets. 

Nellie Noo

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2018, 03:55:07 PM »

Couldnt agree more dotty ! X

hereandthere

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2018, 11:09:16 AM »

Hi Nellie Noo and Dotty
Do either of you get bad nausea when drinking alcohol? I've had nausea as a symptom of menopause and now as a side effect of HRT too. I'm just starting my second month on Evorel Sequi and obviously levels are still fluctuating.
Anyway I've never handled alcohol particularly well but noticed I was getting worse. Then earlier last year I had a terrible experience after a party night of drinking red wine- 5 glasses. I vomited the whole of the next day. It was truly bad and after that I completely cut out alcohol for 3 months.
Since then I have been very cautious. Last night I was eating dinner at friends and drank 2.5 Sols (4.5% alcohol). I had however eaten little during the day. This morning I was so nauseous I vomited violently about an hour ago. It's crazy!  :o

Nellie Noo

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2018, 11:02:31 AM »

How awful for you !!  Ive never been able to tolerate alcohal very well ..... in the past, in my 20s and 30s 40s was ok on a couple of glasses of wine etc but anything more and like you .. very sick. Now in my 50s .. cant handle it at all ! Not enjoyable .. the taste is weird and i feel really sick so just not worth it ! I do suffer from silent reflux so that probably plays a part as well as the hormones x

Dotty

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2018, 11:14:07 AM »

Hi I don't drink alcohol very often .

Katejo

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2018, 12:38:04 PM »

Has taking hrt helped anyone to stop feeling sick ? . Had constant nausea for the last two weeks ... worse on waking. This has co insided with more painful aches and pains particulary the lower back . Really worried it could be something else (my mind working over time i hope ) and  feeling really low at the moment . Tmi x
  I had mild nausea in the mornings during peri. It eventually stopped on its own but I am sure that they were linked. i haven't tried HRT so can't comment on that. i drink very little because of possible interaction with other medication. Just an occasional social glass of wine.

Hurdity

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2018, 08:41:15 PM »

Hereandthere - I think many of us have found our tolerance to alchohol and the way we metabolise it has changed as we have got older and not necessarily on account of HRT. For me it wasnt so much nausea as migraines - even after only two glasses - if I drank it later in the evening. I first noticed it even when still having regular periods - probaby late reproductive stage. When I started HRT it got worse but I think it would be  anyway at my age - now in 60's. I haven't been able to drink that much wine like you mention, since my early 30's!! Five glasses is a lot and especially if not small glasses!

Now I have worked out how much alcohol and when I can drink it without feeling ill/getting a migraine. I only drink it early in the evening (or earlier in the day eg over Christmas!) and with food, and drink at least a large glass of water for every glass of wine and in between the first and second glass for example. Probably would have no more than eg a G & T before the meal and a couple of glasses with food and finishing no later than 9 pm. Always loads of water before bed. ie I go to bed after all the effects have worn off (very boring I know - but the only way I can still have a little drink or two now and again). I limit it mostly to weekends Fri - Sun ( except I'm doing dry Jan - even more boring!).

I also used to feel worse with alcohol when on the prog part of HRT ( even though I don't take any HRT orally) and on the prog withdrawal weekend.

I would say to anyone who would like to enjoy a little tipple - no need necessarily to give it up completely but try doing what I do.... and see if you feel OK?

Hurdity x

hereandthere

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2018, 03:08:14 PM »

Thanks for all the support guys. It turned out this last time I actually had a bug- probably food poisoning. So it wasn't the two beers, which is a relief.

Still I pretty much agree that two is my new midlife limit. One is better. Five has never been my workable limit ever, I'd say it was 3 to 4.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2018, 04:12:40 PM »

Bugs and food poisoning are totally different.  It still could have been beer, sometimes if the cellar isn't kept clean etc. beer can go 'off'

Better now?

hereandthere

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2018, 02:07:20 PM »

Sorry just realized I didn't see this post. I did get better thanks for asking :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2018, 03:00:04 PM »

What did you alter in your diet/medication regime?

hereandthere

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2018, 05:40:18 AM »

I've been prone to experiencing nausea my whole life, so probably surprisingly it's also become an issue in menopause and now HRT. I can definitely not drink red wine anymore. This morning I am sipping rooibos tea and will then try a banana. I feel like my nausea issues are in the conti, whereas I expected them on the 50 part of my Evorel cycle.
Pages: 1 [2]