Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Natural sleep aids  (Read 12890 times)

Mrs Bella

Re: Natural sleep aids
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2018, 10:32:38 AM »

Hi Mrs Bella, I've not worked out how to do quotes but I just saw your comment about patches in your last post. There have been so many posts I can't remember if or where I said it, but I found the Estradot patches which I've been using for the last 4 months to be less irritating to my skin than the Evorel ones I had before.
Thanks Wilks! 😊
I can't remember which one I had. But, I will keep Estradot in mind if I have to go back to the drawing board in 2 months. I also wish I had heard of the Oestrogel Pump-pack before I embarked on taking oral HRT. Oh well... I know now. X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2018, 02:06:14 PM »

Natural sleep aids - fresh air in the room, though I prefer to be warm.  Gentle exercise in the day?  Sleep when your body requires it?  I slept most of yesterday, deeply - and slept all night too.

Is your mattress comfy?  We have a large bed so we don't get in each others' way ....... and cotton sheets, no duvet - ditched the duvet 20 years ago. 

Taz2

« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2018, 03:02:06 PM »

https://www.nuffieldhealth.com/article/sleep  Not sure if I've posted this already somewhere so apologies if I have!

Taz x

Mrs Bella

« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2018, 12:05:36 AM »

Natural sleep aids - fresh air in the room, though I prefer to be warm.  Gentle exercise in the day?  Sleep when your body requires it?  I slept most of yesterday, deeply - and slept all night too.

Is your mattress comfy?  We have a large bed so we don't get in each others' way ....... and cotton sheets, no duvet - ditched the duvet 20 years ago.
Hi CLKD, I find I sleep best when it's cool. It's gotten down to around 1 degrees here for the past few nights. Oh my I have slept so well as a result. My bedroom is pitch black and the only noise you can here is the occasional cow or sheep during the night. I love my bed. I would love to be able to stay in there all day if I could. But, once I am awake regardless of how tired I am I get up. Otherwise I start to overthink things and get into a muddle.
I am very active. I don't stop all day apart from a cuppa here and there. I also run 7km a day. If I don't I wouldn't sleep at all. Darn insomnia really has taken over...I blame Mrs Menopause! 😡
How have you been sleeping after the rotten night you had recently? X
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 12:10:30 AM by Mrs Bella »

Mrs Bella

« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2018, 01:34:54 AM »

https://www.nuffieldhealth.com/article/sleep  Not sure if I've posted this already somewhere so apologies if I have!

Taz x
Thank you Taz! That's a great article. Much appreciated. X

CLKD

« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2018, 06:30:39 PM »

Like a log! though last night I have very busy dreams .......... which leave me exhausted!

Maybe you are running too far?  Too much exercise can shut down the brain at the time but may be a stimulus.  We aren't built to run for long distances.  Short sharp spurts to escape that Sabre Toothed Tiger but not long distance! 
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 02:35:54 PM by CLKD »

Mrs Bella

« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2018, 07:54:24 AM »

Like a log! thought last night I have very busy dreams .......... which leave me exhausted!

Maybe you are running too far?  Too much exercise can shut down the brain at the time but may be a stimulus.  We aren't built to run for long distances.  Short sharp spurts to escape that Sabre Toothed Tiger but not long distance!
Golly you can't win...poor quality sleep and/or vivid dreams.
I only run if I have time. Like today I was in town all morning taking/watching my son play hockey. When I got home I had to help with sheep work. Now it's doing the domestics so no running for me today. I am looking forward to sitting down at 7:30pm to watch Father Brown. I am so addicted to BBC crime shows.
Hope you sleep like a log tonight CLKD. X

knorman

« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2018, 08:32:49 AM »

Morning Mrs Bella, I am currently trying a prebiotic inulin (Golden Greens) as it supposed to aid sleep. Early days yet and I am constantly being woken with night heats as unable to take HRT, but hoping it will get me off again after waking. Happy Zzzzzzzz.

Mrs Bella

« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2018, 09:04:31 AM »

Morning Mrs Bella, I am currently trying a prebiotic inulin (Golden Greens) as it supposed to aid sleep. Early days yet and I am constantly being woken with night heats as unable to take HRT, but hoping it will get me off again after waking. Happy Zzzzzzzz.
Hello Knorman,
That's really interesting you mentioned that. I just googled ‘Prebiotics & Sleep'. An article popped up written by Michael Mosley. It seems a healthy gut is the key to good health. There is more chitchat on another of my posts about gut health: Weight Issues.
Thank you Knorman!

knorman

« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2018, 09:18:59 AM »

I'll keep you posted!

CLKD

« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2018, 02:36:44 PM »

I slept nearly all of yesterday.  In my camper.  With birds singing, sheep bleating, crows making noise.  Out like a light ;-).  No dreams in the day so woke feeling rested.

Mrs Bella

« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2018, 08:54:09 PM »

I'll keep you posted!
Please do Knorman! 😊

Mrs Bella

« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2018, 08:56:25 PM »

I slept nearly all of yesterday.  In my camper.  With birds singing, sheep bleating, crows making noise.  Out like a light ;-).  No dreams in the day so woke feeling rested.
Oh that sounds heavenly to me CLKD! Hope you have another restful day today 😴

CLKD

« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2018, 07:41:33 PM »

I had a bad night walking at 4.00 for a bathroom visit then again at 6.30 - busy day so anxiety forced me to swallow an emergency pill which made me really tired.  I slept all the way home ..........

Mrs Bella

« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2018, 04:31:56 AM »

I had a bad night walking at 4.00 for a bathroom visit then again at 6.30 - busy day so anxiety forced me to swallow an emergency pill which made me really tired.  I slept all the way home ..........
Lack of sleep is the pits. When I am overtired my anxiety peaks and then I struggle sleeping. It's a vicious cycle that can make me turn into a man woman. I had to take an emergency pill also last night. Unfortunately it didn't do much :(
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6