Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Some nice news  (Read 2437 times)

Daisydot

Some nice news
« on: May 26, 2018, 04:13:13 PM »

I had a visit with Mr Parsons my meno consultant this week so before I went I decided to have a private trans vaginal scan done just to check all was as it should be,I went for the scan and the sonographer said to me we'll do your pelvic scan first then your internal one.she did the pelvic one then said to me because she'd gotten such lovely clear photos,there were no indications of anything untoward,no masses no fluids and my ovaries were completely shrivelled not a sign of them she didn't feel it was necessary to proceed with the trans vaginal and put me through any more discomfort than was necessary bearing in mind I'm still battling with the v.a that was a huge relief so anyway I took all the copies to mr parsons and he was delighted he said finally someone for you who knows what she's doing then I started with my questions,if my ovaries are shrivelled up does this lessen my chance of ovarian cancer and he said most definately because there would be fewer risks of cell changes so that was a good result and perfectly normal so ladies good news for us all who wonder and worry about these things wasn't it.xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Some nice news
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 04:50:44 PM »

:foryou:  great day!

Lisa1966

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 05:00:50 PM »

Great news daisydot xx

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 06:06:33 PM »

Hello Daisydot.

That is good news and thank you for sharing. It's interesting to learn that shrunken ovaries mean a reduced cancer risk,  it's  also good to know that atrophy has it's benefits!

Take care.

K.

Lanzalover

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 07:05:53 PM »

Good evening Daisydot

That's great news so pleased things are finally going well for you.

Love Lanzalover x

Mary G

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 07:25:22 PM »

That's good news Daisydot.  Did you speak to Mr Parsons about the Lenzetto and the testosterone?

Daisydot

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 07:31:55 PM »

Hi Maryg no I didn't mention the lenzetto yet but he said it was the right time to start the testosterone now and gave me Tostran script also I asked his thoughts on trying the estring as I'm finding now the only time I'm really comfortable downstairs is using vagifem nightly and it's a bugger trying to get the gps to agree to this.
I went to get the script for both and it was £98-£116 in boots nearly had heart attack lol I'm going to try and beg gps for it on nhs next week ridiculous isnt it.

Daisydot

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 07:32:47 PM »

Thank you ladies I thought it'd maybe reassure some of us if I shared xx

Joaniepat

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2018, 07:33:10 PM »

Hi Daisydot, that's excellent news, and so glad you didn't have to suffer any discomfort, an added bonus!
JP x

Daisydot

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2018, 07:45:28 PM »

Hi Jp yes she was really good so down to earth and the best £99 I spent for peace of mind.its lovely to get the photos and report printed out and handed to you as well no hanging around worried.
I've said to Mr Parsons if the breast pain continues,he said it's common on oestrogen,then I'll probably get an ultrasound breast scan done in a couple of weeks just to check all's as it should be.My last mammogram was a year ago.He was in total agreement.xx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2018, 08:13:06 PM »

Good news daisydot.
Hope mine shrivel up then before the cyst gets any bigger.
Doc said it was only small so nothing to worry about.
No action needed. Leave alone.

Good to know dd.

Jd xx

Daisydot

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2018, 08:19:56 PM »

Hi Jd take your docs advice and leave don't let them fiddle with something that's not bothering you,I think the vagifem helps shrink cysts if my memory serves me right (which it usually bloody doesn't so I'm probably spreading rumours)lol
I was really pleased when he confirmed that.x

Wilks

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2018, 08:23:14 PM »

Glad to hear all is sound, Daisydot  :)

Tempest

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2018, 08:51:27 PM »

Great news, Daisydot! So your ovaries have atrophied and disappeared? I know Annie won't mind me saying that this also happened to her - no sign of them on her scan a good while back either. It's so reassuring that everything is looking healthy for you - your Consultant sounds like he has a nice manner, too.  :) xxxx

Daisydot

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2018, 08:57:57 PM »

Yes thank you tempest after all the health scares we go through I think it's great when something positive happens.My consultant really is a lovely man he's nhs as well as private and he really fights my corner with gps but in a nice way.x
Pages: [1] 2