Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Advice on Oestrogel  (Read 1213 times)

KT57

• First Flush
Advice on Oestrogel
« on: May 22, 2018, 09:07:35 PM »

Hi everybody!I had a total hysterectomy - no ovaries -  9 years ago and decided recently that I needed to try HRT as life was becoming very difficult - feeling down and very anxious.  I have been on 2 pumps of Oestrogel for 10 days now and I feel absolutely ghastly - bursting into tears all the time, extremely anxious and despondent - far worse than I felt before! Is this normal when starting on Oestrogel. I also have a large amount of white discharge which is new since starting Oestrogel. Any reassurance would be much appreciated!

Nellie Noo

Re: Advice on Oestrogel
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 01:50:38 PM »

Im certainly no expert ... but i would say give it time. When i went on oestrogel cant say i felt worse initially... but it did take a while ( a few weeks ) and then slowly i started to realise that hey ... yes i do feel much better . Can take up to three months i believe . Not sure about the discharge ... sorry . Maybe someone else more knowledgeable will be along soon . X

Daisydot

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 02:06:04 PM »

Hi KT57 good advice from Nelly Noo I've also replied in your other thread have a read xx

Cassie

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 02:17:25 PM »

I doubt its the gel, its wonderful stuff, give it a chance.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 06:19:36 PM »

Hi KT57

You have started this oestrogen from a very low oestrogen base line - your body needs time to wake up and adjust. Why not drop down to one pump per day for 2-4 weeks to allow a slower adjustment - you may find one pump per day is enough to have you ticking over nicely - so just increase back to 2 pumps per day if you feel you need it.
Do try using some vaginal moisturisers to make things more comfortable - SYLK and the YES products are the best - you can buy these online. You could also ask the GP fro some Vagifem local oestrogen to restore your ‘lady bits' more effeciently.
Multi Gyn Actigel is very good for treating and preventing bacteria and thrush in the vaginal area so it's worth buying this to use now and again to restore the flora balance the vagina.  DG x

paisley

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 01:10:34 PM »

Hi KT57
You read my mind. I have just started something similar to oestrogel & yes I too feel worse. I assure you it is the HRT because I too had a hysterectomy 9 years ago & every time I start a HRT I feel worse before better. I stopped all HRT 1 year ago but felt so much worse so decided to restart it 6 weeks ago & feel worse. I just put it down to some women being more sensitive to hormones. Dancinggirl said something that I hadn't thought of before & that is that our bodies are depleted & so it could longer to stabilize