Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Not sure if femoston 1/10 is suiting me  (Read 938 times)

slightlymad

Not sure if femoston 1/10 is suiting me
« on: May 22, 2018, 04:11:02 PM »

Hi ladies on this lovely sunny day :D
Hoping someone can shed some light on an irritating issue been on femoston 1/10 since January ( did change to 2/10 in March) But this was too much and Gp dropped this back to 1/10. Now however I am spotting from week 3 and getting flushes again :'( But I can cope with theses atm
Not happy with this and am thinking of giving my body a break (I go on holiday next month) and then depending on how it goes staying off or trying an alternative. I am 53 and before the femoston was not having periods since June of the previous year.
So tempted to see if my body stops having these cycles as I struggled with spotting and heavy periods before I became peri etc.
What are your thoughts please.

Dancinggirl

Re: Not sure if femoston 1/10 is suiting me
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 04:48:18 PM »

Sometimes a break can be a good thing - it can really focus you on what you are trying to achieve with using HRT.
Though you hadn't had a period since last June, this will mean you are still peri meno and your own hormones will be fluctuating and dropping - so still giving some trouble.
Stopping before your holiday may throw you into lots of meno symptoms that could spoil the holiday. Perhaps simply stick with Femoston 1/10, which at least is controlling some of the flushes, and when you come home take the break then. DG x

Mushyjam49

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 01:16:48 PM »

I would agree to be honest.  Wait until after your annual holiday.... I was taken off promptly before I was due to go away and boy oh boy I suffered all week.. I could not relax and enjoy my quality time with my family which was upsetting due to my irrational behaviour, my sweats along with the heat and general lack of sleep... I was relieved to get back on the plane and back home... as were the family I think.  So definitely take the meds to see you through your holiday and then break when you return home.  At least then you are in your own surroundings and probably better placed to be able to deal with any unwanted symptoms if they occur.

Michelle x

sadielouise78

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 03:39:58 PM »

Hi Slightymad,

Why was the 2/10 too much for you?  What happened?  The only reason I ask is because I was put on 2/10 without even trying the 1/10 and always wondered what difference it would make.

Sarah x

slightlymad

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 08:20:54 PM »

Hi sadielouise  2/10 caused me to feel really ill sick abdominal pain and dizzy turns out it was just a tad too much for me at the time.
And thanks ladies for your advice however I am away for quite some time and agree maybe best to wait. As I wont be able to access british medicines I will renew my prescription Just didnt want to spend £££  but also dont want to possibly suffer as you say.