Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: New on HRT  (Read 1143 times)

NannyOgg

• First Flush
New on HRT
« on: May 18, 2018, 08:03:29 PM »

Hi everyone, hope you've all had a reasonably good week.

I've been on Elleste Duet for just over a week now and wondered if anyone else has experienced the same nagging paranoias. I've been experiencing the odd bout of nausea and light headedness, rather tender breasts and my face seems to go a bit red from time to time so convincing myself that it must be blood pressure!  No doubt I am being a bit quick off the mark and neurotic and  probably need to give the tablets a few weeks to settle in but any similar experiences would be good to hear about so I know I'm not going bonkers.

Daisydot

Re: New on HRT
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 07:05:09 AM »

Hi there NannyOgg your not going bonkers lol.There are at least 34 recognised symptoms of menopause and most of us at some time could tick mist of those boxes.It takes a good few months for your hormones to get a bit more stable so hang on in there,I'd say after three or four months if no major changes to how your feeling go back to gp and ask to try something else as it's trial and error for the first wee while.I eventually settled well on the oestrogel pump just one a day and vagifem pessaries but it's simpler for me with no womb so oestrogen only is what I need.good luck xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 07:48:24 AM »

Hi and welcome to to MM Nanny
Do tell us more about yourself:
How old are you?
Were you still having periods when you started hrt or when was your last natural period?
What symptoms do you want to control?

With any hrt, your body has  to adjust - are you on the sequential version of Elleste or the continuous version?
DG x

NannyOgg

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 07:34:36 PM »

Thanks ladies,
Lovely to hear from you both and good to know I haven't suddenly developed health anxiety and imagining everything.

I'm 44 and did have periods when I started so on the sequential / cyclical Elleste. Don't have my last period date to hand but it was around 3 weeks ago ish. I had been having symptoms for about 18 months but the worst was the terrible dark moods and rages. I wasn't quite so worried about the physical side of things. However, I didn't fancy a mild anti depressant as I have a bad history of mental health medication and because of my age the doctor recommended that HRT could do more to protect my heart, bones and womb from womb cancer by having bleeds for a few more years if I felt suited to it.

Nanny x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 09:40:35 PM »

Thank you for sharing these details.
It's good to start with sequential hrt so you can tell whether the progesterone suits you or not. Once you have been 12 months without a natural Period you can consider moving to a continuous regime which is usually bleed free.
It is very early days with Elleste hrt  and the symptoms you are getting will probably settle - it can take 3-6 months for the body to adjust especially as you are still peri menopause which means your own hormones will still be fluctuating in the background.
It can be trial and error till you find the right hrt for you but for the time being you just need to be patient.
DG x