Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vagifem, Mirena Coil and Estrogel  (Read 4074 times)

Tinkerbell

Re: Vagifem, Mirena Coil and Estrogel
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2018, 10:58:55 PM »

I have a Miren, use three pumps of Estrogel and Vagifem every day plus ovestin cream a few times a week, just to control the awful VA!

Ljp

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2018, 08:59:58 AM »

Very similar to me Tinkerbell, I use three pumps oestrogel, have Mirena, only difference is I have estring in continually rather than using vagifem...I've also had Mona Lisa laser treatment, and I use ovestin or estriole cream externally.
The external skin is by far the worst for me, and I still get flare ups with that, the skin around my bottom gets particularly sore....I use ovestin to help vulva area and urethra, but I think after using it daily for a while, it irritates the external skin....well I'm gyessing that's what's doing it, no idea really! 😟

Robin

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2018, 09:13:11 AM »

Hi ljp, I found the estrogen creams caused more problems than they solved which is why I changed to estring. If I use anything else at all it just flares up again. I had to grit my teeth for a few days and force myself not to use anything but estring but the relief was immense very quickly. Things aren't perfect but I didn't think they could be this much better. I've tried several times to use the estrogen creams externally but get a bad reaction if I do. I have to change my estring more often than 3 months as I seem to absorb the estrogen quickly and it runs out and symptoms return. I'm really interested in the Mona Lisa laser treatment. Does it help thicken the areas of thin skin?

Ljp

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2018, 03:26:14 PM »

Hi Robin,
I was like that, couldn't tolerate external cream, even though I know it's of benefit....since having the Mona Lisa treatment, the skin quality is so much better, I used to get splits in the skin before, at least I can use estriole cream or ovestin around the perineum and vulva now, BUT I do still get outside skin flare ups (without be too graphic, the area where the hair grows)and that gets sore, rashy, and itchy, and the skin around my bottom too.

There's one area that's always susceptible and that the outside skin where the bartholins glands are,  don't think Mona Lisa treats the outside skin, and certainly doesn't treat the skin around the bottom, so although the vulva and vagina are so much improved, and able to be maintained with estring, estriole/ovestin and emu oil....the outer areas, and skin around my bottom, remain sensitive to the oestrogen creams and continue to have flare ups....that's my theory, but I will ask when I go for my top up Mona Lisa treatment this week

Robin

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2018, 09:10:02 PM »

Hi Ljp,

That sounds very good. I've googled Mona Lisa touch but all the clinics seem to be in London. Is that where you have had your treatment?

Thanks

Robin x
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 09:14:49 PM by Robin »

Robin

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2018, 09:13:47 PM »

Hi Daisydot,

sorry I missed your post. The estring is definitely worth trying. It's made a huge difference to me. Glad the wipes are helping it's just a pity they don't cure it. I haven't managed to get the gel yet but I will soon and will let you know how I get on.

Robin x

Ljp

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2018, 10:13:16 PM »

Yes London, I have to take a train x

Ljp

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2018, 08:11:41 AM »

Hi Robin, I think I might need to change my estring more regularly too, thinking about it, I changed it two weeks early last time as I was getting irritation.
It's now 4 weeks before change is due, and I e been uncomfortable for about a week, I'm wondering whether to change it to see if it helps.
Bloomin soreness, always the outer lips area worse.
I do have a top up Mona Lisa treatment this Friday.... but concerned as I know it will potentially make things worse before it gets better again 😟

Robin

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2018, 08:31:26 AM »

Morning Ljp,

It might be worth changing now. Your response to doing that will let you know if it's worth changing sooner in future. If you do change please will you let me know how you get on?

I've made enquiries about Mona Lisa to see which clinics offer it and cost etc so waiting to see if they get back to me. How long is the recovery time after each treatment? It's the outer area that I find most uncomfortable and tears so easily. If it would prevent the tearing I would give it a go. Depending on cost of course however I think some days I'd sell everything I own to have the opportunity to sort that out.

Good luck for Friday. I will be thinking of you and wishing you well.

Thank you for responding to my questions I really appreciate it

Robin x

Ljp

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2018, 08:47:47 AM »

Hi Robin, I've sent you a private message 😊
Pages: 1 [2]