Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Angeliq advice please  (Read 967 times)

Aileenf

Angeliq advice please
« on: May 15, 2018, 05:58:50 PM »

Hi ladies, been quiet for a wee while, I have been on angeliq now for 10weeks, and everything has been going great, moods better, losing weight, no flushes, sleeping and generally feeling ‘normal', however I had bad dioherra on Sunday with stomach cramps etc.  Didn't sleep too great due to stomach cramps and headache had really bad pains and in my tummy, today I had a show and very light discolouration when I went to the loo for a pee, do u think it's anything to worry about.  I'm back at the menopause clinic next week.

The last appointment they said if if wasn't too good with this HRT they would consider a Minerva coil.

Ps. Post menopausal 4 years.

Any advice greatfullly received.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 06:04:54 PM by Aileenf »

Hurdity

Re: Angeliq advice please
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 06:35:36 PM »

It's normal to get some spotting when starting any continuous combined HRT and is usually part of the settling in period (not actual period!). If your stomach and bowel symptoms were due to a bug then this could have affected absorption of the tablet and led to fluctuations in levels hence could have also caused the spotting. If the upset stomach was caused by the tasblet then patches would be better, but see if this settles?

Anything you are concerned about then do mention to the menopause clinic at your appointment.

Hurdity x

Aileenf

Re: Angeliq advice please
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 08:02:55 PM »

Hi hurdity

I have was on everol conti patches previously and had severe reaction to them. I think it was something that I ate on Saturday evening that didn't agree with me.  Just worried in case it's a turn for the worse.