Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Anyone on sandrena gel and utovlan,help plz!!!  (Read 959 times)

Lisa1966

Anyone on sandrena gel and utovlan,help plz!!!
« on: May 13, 2018, 03:43:27 PM »

Hi ladies, I'm on sandrena and utovlan,but from what I can find on utovlan it's not licensed for use as hrt. Does anyone know anything about this please,as not been feeling well on it thanks

Lisa x
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 06:13:06 PM by Lisa1966 »

Hurdity

Re: Anyone on sandrena gel and utovlan
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 05:29:33 PM »

Hi there Lisa1966 - if you're in UK then although Utovlan itself is not licensed for use as the endometrial protection part of HRT, it consists of norethisterone which is licesned in many of the combi HRT products but at a much lower dose.

I am wondering why you have been prescribed this as it is 5 mg whereas for HRT the highest dose for sequential HRT is 1 mg? I presume it was because of heavy bleeding? Some women don't get on with norethisterone at all and especially not at that dose! Also if your Sandrena is low dose you may well feel worse on the utovlan too. Are you taking it every day?

I would change HRT type asap if you are not feeling well on it - but you might need something else for the bleeding if this is a problem eg Mirena coil?

Hurdity x

Lisa1966

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 06:39:08 PM »

Hi Herdity,thank you for ur reply. I am in the uk and started sandrena 14 days ago,I was on femoston 2/10 at the time and was feeling rubbish,but I was only 4 days into the prog/estrogen tablets,the pharmacist said I could start the sandrena straight away,as long as I took 10 days of the utovlan. I thought I had cracked it for 7 days, my energy was back,and I was starting to want to do housework etc.but then I had 4 really bad days,I don't know how I got through work,I felt so weak and lifeless,and irritable again.ive now had 3days estrogen only and feel a little better,am waiting for the bleed. The doctor started me on 0.5 mg,and after my post that I thought it was too low,u agreed with me and I doubled it,but felt so much better. I was just concerned about not being able to find utovlan,or its dosage for use in hrt. I did ring the drs on Thursday,as I did discuss having the mirena fitted,but she said to see how I got on for a month,then go see her and if I still wanted mirena,she would put me on the waiting list,but there r no appointments available,so I have asked them to ask her if she can put me on the waiting list without seeing me,but she only works Monday and Tuesday,wasn't put on for heavy bleeding
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 06:15:08 PM by Lisa1966 »

Lisa1966

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 05:31:45 PM »

Still waiting for withdrawal bleed,I feel like I need it to feel better