Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HRT Ustogen 100mg and Oestrogen 0.625 side effects?  (Read 5072 times)

Cassie

Re: HRT Ustogen 100mg and Oestrogen 0.625 side effects?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2018, 06:57:15 PM »

Premarin is manufactured from the urine of mares, and not a nice Oestrogen at all. I would ask for a patch or the rub on gel. I use 100mg of Utrogestan for 12 days per month, vaginally, much easier for me than swallowing tablets and it does the job. Good luck.

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2018, 07:28:19 PM »

Hi Seven8Nine

I was just wondering how often your periods are at the moment and when your last one was? If they are very few and far between and you've been waiting some time (several weeks?) for your period and it hasn't arrived then why not just start? - (although I do agree with the others - Premarin is probably not the best one to start with). If you want to take a tablet then Elleste Solo would be a better one.

As Dancinggirl says the licensed dose of Utrogestan is 200 mg orally for 12 days per month but as Cassie says used vaginally some women are OK with half the dose - but probably best to start with 200 mg and see how you get on with your bleed?

Hurdity x

Seven8Nine

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2018, 08:11:00 PM »

Thank you so much DG, Cassie and Hurdity 💐💐💐

Urgh urine of mares doesn't sound good at all, I'll call the surgery tomorrow and see if they can help.

Thanks for the Estradot 50 patches and Elleste Solo suggestions, I prefer a tablet, is there a specific dose I should ask for? What are the pros to using a patch or gel opposed to tablets?

Hurdity, It's been 40 days since my last AF, for the past week I've been getting the odd boob pain and tonight felt bloated after a small dinner but could just be phantom symptoms as I'm so desperate to get AF out of the way before I head to Spain next Friday.  :-\  I'd Love to start right away but don't want to mess up a bleed if it's due, then maybe start spotting. I might just have to wait until next cycle when I have the correct Oestrogen.

Thanks again, you have all been very helpful, it's super appreciated.

Have a nice evening.

Seven8Nine

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2018, 07:14:26 PM »

Hi
I now have elleste solo now but I am still waiting for AF so I can start, however my symptoms have been awful.

I'm not sleeping well at all, I am getting around 3-4 hours of broken sleep a night, I am knackered, teary, super anxious, feeling low, having hot flushes, tender boobs (so I keep thinking AF is coming), no libido and more, it's very grim.

Pharmacist advised I shouldn't start until AF comes as it could cause issues with spotting. My GP doesn't seem to know much about treatments so not sure if I should try to see her?

I eat healthily, gluten and dairy free. I train with weights at the gym, my BMI is 20, I am very active averaging doing 16K-22K steps a day.

Help, what should I do? I am feeling so low and anxious. :'(

Thanks 

Hurdity

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2018, 07:42:40 PM »

Hi Seven8Nine

Sorry to hear you are feeling rough.....

I presume you've been given 1 mg dose which would be the one to start on and then increase (after at least 3 months) if you find it is not sufficient?

Have you already been to Spain and returned or still there? The thing is there is nothing you can do if you want to wait for your period - but it sounds like it could be on the way? I would give it a couple of weeks and if it hasn't appeared then I would just start the oestrogen. If you are starting on oestrogen only anyway - this should not cause a bleed to come on early anyway, as you won't be taking the progesterone then, until after 16 days?

Hurdity x

Seven8Nine

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2018, 06:39:13 AM »

Hi Seven8Nine

Sorry to hear you are feeling rough.....

I presume you've been given 1 mg dose which would be the one to start on and then increase (after at least 3 months) if you find it is not sufficient?

Have you already been to Spain and returned or still there? The thing is there is nothing you can do if you want to wait for your period - but it sounds like it could be on the way? I would give it a couple of weeks and if it hasn't appeared then I would just start the oestrogen. If you are starting on oestrogen only anyway - this should not cause a bleed to come on early anyway, as you won't be taking the progesterone then, until after 16 days?

Hurdity x

Hi Hurdity
Thanks so much for getting back. I hope this finds you well.

I'm back from Spain, I had a lovely time away with my girlfriends (child free break) but it was pretty hard trying so hard to be upbeat when I felt so anxious and having so many symptoms but I faked it well :( I did confide with my girlfriends but no one is Perimenopausal like me. It hasn't helped  I now have huge patches of brown (melasma?} on my face despite using very expensive anti dark spots factor 50 facial sunscreen, £42 for 50ml!!! 😩

Thing is I've been having these phantom symptoms like AF is about to begin for weeks now and really losing hope it will ever come,  maybe it's just taken it's toll on me, my last AF was late too (actually thought I was pregnant!). No chance this time as no relations have been had.... I had no desire and the scare quickly put DH off to my relief!!

I'll see if I can give it another week or so as I really want to do this right but if it won't cause a bleed what harm could I do starting before a bleed? I am really clueless about all this.

I have 2mg of the elleste solo, I didn't actually see my GP as appointments where I am are difficult to get, I phoned and passed a message on to my GP explaining I didn't want to take the mares urine oestrogen and requested the elleste solo 2mg (don't ask me why!) and a prescription was faxed to my pharmacist for me to collect. I told them I was convinced AF would arrive on the weekend so would need to start hence their efficiency, I do have a great surgery and GP. 

Do you think the 2mg is too much, I don't want to mess my GP about, she's already been so accommodating, I guess I could half the pills? What do you think?

Thanks so much Huridy and to all on here reading and that might know more than me.

Xx

Hurdity

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2018, 06:50:08 AM »

Hi there - you won't do any harm by starting the oestrogen before your bleed - it's just that if one was about to start then you might get out of sync with your natural cycle. You may well be fine with 2 mg and depends how you absorb it - probably if you can half the pills to start with and give your body time to acclimatise that might be an idea - but otherwise just go for it. If you do start the tablet then best to keep on with the regime for a few weeks to allow any initial side effects to settle.

Glad your holiday was good despite feeling a bit rough some of the time - nothing like a holiday  is there! :)

Hope you manage to sort it and do let us know how you get on.

Hurdity x

Seven8Nine

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2018, 02:12:46 PM »

Hi there - you won't do any harm by starting the oestrogen before your bleed - it's just that if one was about to start then you might get out of sync with your natural cycle. You may well be fine with 2 mg and depends how you absorb it - probably if you can half the pills to start with and give your body time to acclimatise that might be an idea - but otherwise just go for it. If you do start the tablet then best to keep on with the regime for a few weeks to allow any initial side effects to settle.

Glad your holiday was good despite feeling a bit rough some of the time - nothing like a holiday  is there! :)

Hope you manage to sort it and do let us know how you get on.

Hurdity x

Hi Huridy
Thanks for getting back so quick.

On looking at the elleste pack, it has days on each pill like BCP and they're pretty small so cutting in half and managing the days could be tricky so
like you say I might just have to go with the 2mg whenever AF arrives.

However what do you mean when you say taking the 2mg “depends how you absorb it” can it go wrong?

I really do want to stay in synch with my natural cycle. I've messed with BCP
in my younger days to help time AF and side effects have not always been great, however good point that I won't bleed until after the progesterone, fingers crossed!

I'll wait a few more days then take a check point. My mental health is really deteriorating, no doubt it's the lack of good sleep while daily life is full on is not helping, I really feel deflated, I feel anxious and I'm sweating just writing this now, it's crazy! I think I need to weigh up the benefits of starting v's how I am now, but I know the good effects won't be immediate and it's a ? with the side effects of progesterone, but hoping the oestrogen will balance things out as the mini pill when I took it (reacted badly) was only progesterone and was taken orally. Ok will see will see. 

Thanks again lovely x

Macjac

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2018, 06:52:25 PM »

Hi DR

I am in the same situation just about to start the Utrogestan. Posted questions on this earlier.   I am 51 and perimenopausal and probably over thinking it!.

I was planning to do 100mg vaginally days 15 - 26.  I thought the idea with doing it vaginally was you could reduced the dose?

Thanks

Macjac

Cassie

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2018, 07:47:53 PM »

That dosage sounds perfect Macjac
Pages: 1 [2]