Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Femoston 1/10 - 3 bleeds in first 29 days  (Read 892 times)

Winniepoppy

Femoston 1/10 - 3 bleeds in first 29 days
« on: May 13, 2018, 10:24:16 AM »

Hi All,
I know it's early days but since I started Femoston 29 days ago I have had 3 bleeds, not spotting, bleeds that last 3-5 days and require proper sanitary protection. The first came within the oestrogen only period of the pack, the second within 7 days of that during the prog/ oestro part of the pack, and that bleeds was tailing off as I started the oestro part again yesterday when I got very unpleasant cramps and today I'm bleeding again...
I have bled twice a month for the last two years and wasn't expecting that things would ameliorate immediately but also wasn't expecting more bleeding, also experienced aching thighs and headaches during the prog section, any thoughts please? Will attempt to see GP this week but that is likely to be difficult and, surprise surprise, there is only one GP in the surgery who appears to have any knowledge of HRT and she only works half a day a week.

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Femoston 1/10 - 3 bleeds in first 29 days
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 10:33:35 AM »

Hi winniepoppy

I can't help with that because I'm on femoston conti,
But I'm sure someone will post shortly.
Hope everything turns out ok for you.

Jd x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 05:24:16 PM »

Winniepoppy - if you've been bleeding twice a month for two years and haven't skipped any periods then it sounds like you may not be ready for this type of HRT if you are not yet peri-menopausal. Remind us of why you are taking it?

If you are wanting to control bleeding then the Mirena coil would be a better option as it would deliver progestogen directly to the uterus, and then if you are experiencing flushes or sweats - then you could add in low dose oestrogen and see how you get on?

I presume your doc has checked that there is no other reason for this bleeding?

Hurdity x

Winniepoppy

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 05:58:08 PM »

Hi Hurdity, I have been experiencing night sweats and anxiety symptoms, feeling overwhelmed, sleep disturbance, dizziness, migraines and irritability for the last 6 months along with increased discharge. I've been checked for thyroid issues and diabetes, I am awaiting a pelvic ultrasound and have had a clear smear in the last 12 months.
I think I need to back to my GP as I just don't feel at all well, worse than when I wasn't taking HRT, tired and generally lacking in energy which is unlike me, even with the sleep disturbance!
Thanks for any advice.

Gingernoggin

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 09:06:37 AM »

Hi Winniepoppy,

I've just taken my first Femoston 1/10 tablet this morning after putting it off for a week. I've been getting more frequent, longer, heavier periods since December but before that I had been skipping periods for about three years, usually got one every two or three months and they weren't as heavy. I'm getting really fed up of the near constant bleeding and really hoping that Femoston gets me into some kind of cycle. I've also been feeling awful - dizzy, headaches, palpitations, constantly tired. I think that's the fluctuating hormones though and this morning I thought f*ck it, let's try the damn HRT. I just haven't been feeling like myself lately. Depressed, flat, fatigued. My mum had a hysterectomy at 52 so there's no way I'm putting up with heavy bleeding till then. I'm 50, just about to turn 51.

Desperately hoping that it makes a difference. I've also had a couple of ultrasounds, blood tests, GP now suggesting the wandy thing they put up your hoopster. I guess I should be grateful she's prepared to refer me for these things. The other male GP thinks the practice tests for too many things apparently  >:(

Winniepoppy

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 07:01:23 PM »

Hi Gingernoggin, glad you have one sympathetic GP in your surgery! I hope you see an improvement soon, wondering if I'm viewing HRT as a kind of magic wand, maybe I need to lower my expectations...

Gingernoggin

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 08:51:57 AM »

Uch honestly who knows what to think re the menopause?! Yeah I'm quite lucky in that there are two women GPs who seem sympathetic. The older male GP is pretty old school, told me I'd probably be done within 18 months and gave me an iron prescription  ::) Honestly how on earth did women DO this years ago?? I think of my poor mum going to work as a teacher, dealing with teenagers all day then coming home to her own and all the time she was having a terrible time with heavy bleeding. Mind you, we do refer to that time as "the shouting years" in our family  ;)

I hope we both feel better soon. All I want is to feel normal again! How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

xx