Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Can I skip the progesterone this month?  (Read 706 times)

Lilylight

Can I skip the progesterone this month?
« on: May 15, 2018, 10:12:01 AM »

Hi, new to hrt and have been prescribed Femoston 1/10. I still have fairly regular periods but started the oestrogen phase about day 11/12 of cycle as had no idea when I should begin. I think I'm getting pre menstrual and don't want to delay my period (and prolong pmt) by starting the progesterone phase. Could I complete 14 days of oestrogen, then take 14 days off (hopefully period will begin) and then start full cycle
Properly (eg oestrogen 14, progesterone 14)?
Thanks!

Dancinggirl

Re: Can I skip the progesterone this month?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 10:24:57 AM »

Lilylight - welcome to MM
To be honest, it might be best if you simply continued with the pills as you may find the PMT will settle once you start these. If your periods are erratic then there is no real way of knowing when a period will come - in the peri stage PMT can come and go as the hormones fluctuate.   If you want to stop and then see if you get your period, you could then start on day one or two of the period (which when you should start HRT to synchronise) and you will need to dispose of the rest of that original packet.

If I were you I'd just continue with this cycle of pills as you may get some erratic bleeding in the first few months anyway until the HRT takes control. DG x

Lilylight

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 02:56:33 PM »

Thanks Dancing girl. I'll stick with the progesterone then - just scared of weeks of pmt. I hope you're right and it all settles down x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 03:08:53 PM »

You may find you actually feel much better!!! Keep us posted. DG x