Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Won't I bleed MORE on HRT?  (Read 1193 times)

Gingernoggin

Won't I bleed MORE on HRT?
« on: May 11, 2018, 03:03:17 PM »

Not to go on but further to my recent post about whether to go on HRT or mini pill ... so the doctor has given me Femoston 1/10 rather than the mini pill which she thinks will cause problematic bleeding over time. She thinks that the HRT will settle me into a regular bleeding pattern which makes sense so I went with her advice.

I haven't taken the Femoston yet. I know I should start it when my period starts like the pill but honestly trying to work out what the actual start of my bleeding is is anyone's guess. I've been bleeding for three of the last four weeks, period, spotting, more period. To be honest, I'm scared to take the Femoston mostly because I feel so estrogen-ish already - tired, sore boobs, depressed, foggy thinking, headaches etc. Won't the HRT just make it all worse?? I know that the second half of any new cycle will include progestins as well.

I'm so fed up of the whole thing. I should be getting an actual medal for not killing people in work today  >:(

Anyone any ideas?? The other complication is I'm waiting for blood tests from endocrinology for slightly elevated testosterone levels so I'm not keen to start taking drugs until I know those results, hopefully within the next couple of weeks.

Feel like I'm totally rambling here  :'(

SueLW

Re: Won't I bleed MORE on HRT?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 08:15:48 PM »

I can't help you with an answer to your question.  But I just wanted to say that I know how you feel and I'm sorry that you feel it.  It's not nice, but you are not on your own.

:-*

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 09:15:31 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Ginger

The HRT should help as it will settle your body into a proper cycle. At the moment your hormones are fluctuating madly and this will cause the erratic bleeding.  If you are getting erratic spotting etc, I would simply start the HRT and though you may find the bleeding stays erratic for a time it should get more predictable over the first 3 months. You will find your mood will be better as well - your body is getting too much PMT type symptoms which is very normal for the peri meno phase.   Let us know how you get on.  DG x

Gingernoggin

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 09:20:30 AM »

Thank you both! I started the Femoston 1/10 this morning so we'll see how it goes. Not expecting to feel brilliant on the estrogen part but I need to see how I am on it in comparison to the progesterone bit and take it from there. Decided not to wait for the blood tests because whatever they say - and I'm not expecting anything surprising - I'd need to wait months for any further tests and I'm not prepared to do nothing any longer.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 10:44:11 AM »

The oestrogen part may actually make you feel good!!! You may find that when you finish the whole pack - having done 14 days of oestrogen with progesterone - that you get a bit of PMT till the bleed arrives.  It may take at least 3 months for things to settle anyway. Keep us posted DG x