Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Vagifem  (Read 1125 times)

Macjac

Vagifem
« on: May 11, 2018, 06:54:19 AM »

Hi

I am a newbie to this site. I have been perimenopausal for a couple if years with periods fluctuating and hot flushes coming and going. I have seen my doctor to discuss HRT but have been nervous to take it.

Symptoms have got much worse in the last month - hot flushes in the day, wild temperature fluctuations at night and just getting no sleep, complete loss of libido and very dry in that department.

So decided to start with the Vagifem (was prescribed 2 week course then 2 days a week).  Used it last Thursday night. I had a terrible night then woke up with a bad headache and feeling spaced out and very dizzy. It passed but I didn't take one the next night as I was doing a long drive the following day and couldn't risk feeling dizzy. Experimented again the following night and it seemed ok so used for 4 nights but then came over feeling dizzy again. Got up yesterday and felt a bit short of breath and headache a bit sick. Has anyone else had similar issues?  Unsure if I should be worried by these symptoms or just take nurofen for my headache keep going and hope they will pass.

I am going back to the docs today to get my blood pressure checked. I am also worried that if I have reacted to this moving into oral HRT might be difficult.
( I was given sandrena and utrogest)

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Macjac

Tinkerbell

Re: Vagifem
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 07:55:07 AM »

I really don't think the Vagifem has caused those symptoms as it is such a tiny dose of estrogen in the pessaries.
It is good that you are seeing your GP today.

Macjac

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 09:17:42 AM »

Thanks. Just been to GP and she said the same  thought it was unrelated and said if it was related I would feel the symptoms every time I took it, so will carry on for now!

Need to move onto the rest of the HRT next.

Thank you.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 11:19:57 AM »

Morning!  One doesn't 'take' Vagifem  ;).  It is 'used'.  The recommendation is every night for 2 weeks then as necessary.  Some ladies find that they need it every night.

Hormones can cause all these symptoms that you describe.  How is your diet over-all?  Maybe keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart what you are going through.  Browse round  :welcomemm:

Macjac

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 06:17:30 PM »

You will be pleased to know I didn't "take it"!   lol

Thank you will look around.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 06:20:26 PM »

PHEW  ;D ...........

Make notes.  Keep asking.