Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Advice about HRT  (Read 1171 times)

Kimberley

Advice about HRT
« on: May 13, 2018, 12:12:55 PM »

Hi everyone I need advice I've been taking Ellesste 2mg for 3 years but this last year it has stopped working I haven't had a period in over a year and I feel like my symptoms have got much worse palpitations anxiety I don't sleep because of restless leg syndrome am lucky if I get two hours sleep a night I have fibromyalgia and I don't know if this all because of fibromyalgia or the menopause I just feel like I have no quality of life very bad fatigue is there a higher dosage of HRT I could take i dread going to the doctor because they are reluctant to prescribe Valium or a sleeping tablet but I need something to help me sleep or relax I feel as if my hormones levels are nil my hair is falling out dry skin etc you ladies all know what am talking about thank you kim

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Advice about HRT
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 02:14:01 PM »

Hi Kimberley

I think you probably need a higher dose of hrt,
But I'm no expert, and I'm sure someone will post
as soon as they can, I'm sorry you feel so bad,
I too suffer restless legs sometimes so I feel your pain.
Hang on in there, things will get better.

Jd x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 05:46:28 PM »

Hi Kimberley

:welcomemm:

How old are you? Are you taking Elleste Duet, then one that is supposed to give a withdrawal bleed? I presume so. No other meds like POP or Mirena coil?  The Elleste Duet conti where you take the same pill every day is designed for post-menopausal women and will prevent bleeds after the settling in period of time. If it is the cyclcal one ( 2 different types of tab) and is stopping your periods then you are most likely to be post-menopause by now.

The progestogen in that HRT is also more androgenic (norethisterone) so could cause hair loss in some women. Also that one can cause side effects such as low mood, tiredness, headaches etc and can give PMS symptoms. if you are on the conti one then this can be very debilitating.

I would change your HRT type - if you want to take a tablet then Femoston is one that is generally better tolerated and comes in two strengths ( the cyclical one) - 1/10 or 2/10 - I would change to the 2/10 which will give you the same dose of oestrogen.

Also you may need other blood tests especially because of the hair and skin - thyroid for example. Also your diet - needs to be good at this stage in your life to ensure no vitamin or mineral deficiencies eg iron, Vit D, Vit B etc

Hurdity x

Kimberley

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 08:34:25 AM »

Thank you so much ladies for the reply am 53 I have made an appointment with my doctor and will see what he advises 😊