Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Not sure if HRT is working...  (Read 961 times)

Artmouse

Not sure if HRT is working...
« on: May 09, 2018, 12:19:34 PM »

Hi all,

This is a bit of a pondering and rambling one, sorry!  I went on HRT just about a year ago due to insomnia, anxiety, joint pains and mood swings (the usual bag of tricks I guess!).  I'm currently on Evorel 50 with Utrogestan 100mg taken 14 days a month and am 54 yrs old.

The only things that have slightly improved since taking HRT are the anxiety and mood swings.  Everything else is just as bad, although the insomnia is slightly better when on the 14 days of Utrogestan, which seems to suit me.  I've tried upping patches to 75mg.  Nothing improved and I ended up getting palpitations so dropped back down.  Also tried Oestrogel for a while until supply issues made it difficult to get.

I'm wondering whether I should just stop HRT?  My big worry is that if I did my insomnia might get even worse.  The thought of this scares me.  Coping with a demanding full time job and bad insomnia is not easy as I'm sure some of you know! 

Has anyone out there found that HRT made little or no difference to them?  If you then stopped did it still make everything worse?   

Dotty

Re: Not sure if HRT is working...
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 12:29:04 PM »

You can get Oestrogel again so it may be worth giving it a try again.

You could also try taking the post menopausal dosage of Utrogestan as you say that things were better on the days you take it.

The combination has worked for me , although I accept it doesn't work for everyone.

Artmouse

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 02:27:40 PM »

Not sure what the post menopausal Utro. dosage is, is that when you take it continuously? 

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 02:33:56 PM »

I take it for 25 out of 28 days but I have read that you can take it every day.

Artmouse

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 02:40:34 PM »

Ah, OK, thanks.  I'm going to try 25 days I think.