Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Femoston worn off??  (Read 911 times)

Littlevicdon

• First Flush
Femoston worn off??
« on: May 14, 2018, 11:39:33 AM »

I started HRT Femoston 1/10 after doing a lot of research as mainly I am a runner and was finding I had no energy whatsoever and knew from experience that this was not normal. I also had other symptoms of menopause but was finding the energy one most frustrating.
I found after just 3 days of taking HRT I felt like my normal self and actually went out and ran 18 miles! I felt great for the first pack then started the second pack had a bleed and then started to feel tired again!
I haven't run due to an injury but do feel like I have no libido again (which did return at the start).
Do you think this was simply a 'rush' of hormones at the beginning and I need to wait longer for the HRT to work?
I felt great at the beginning which is a shame as it seems to have gone  :'(

Dancinggirl

Re: Femoston worn off??
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 04:43:13 PM »

Hi and welcome

Ok - the oestrogen part of any HRt will often boost energy and everything generally.  No HRT will make you feel good every day! I'm afraid when menopause hits, energy levels do drop, muscle strength lessens and HRt can only do so much.

it is very early days for you with this HRT and maybe you have gone a bit mad with so much of the running too soon as well. You'll be more susceptible to injury as well - so be careful.

Be kind to yourself - pace things more and be patient.  The HRT is clearly improving things but it can take 3-6 months before full benefits are felt. 

Libido is down to a variety of factors but you may want to try the HRT patches as these can be better for helping libido.

Here is the link to your HRt options; https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/perimeno.php
 DG x