Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Taken double dose of HRT  (Read 1515 times)

catfreak

Taken double dose of HRT
« on: May 07, 2018, 10:20:23 PM »

Hello. I don't know how I've managed it  :-\ but I seem to have taken 2 lots of my 14 days of the oestradiol tabs of my HRT - Femoston 1/10. So my tabs are split into 14 white tabs (oesradiol) & then 14 gray tabs oestradiol & dydrogesterone. Ive ended up with 2 pack with only  gray tabs left (minus 2 tabs on 1 pack) . So I think Ive taken 2 lots of white!! What should I do??  ::) x

Tiddles

Re: Taken double dose of HRT
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 06:55:41 AM »

Hi.   I'm sorry you've had no other replies to this as I'm no expert but I would say you need to take the progesterone (grey ones) for the next 14 days and then carry on at the start of a whole a new pack.  But maybe make a call to your GP to check? x

Daisydot

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 06:59:08 AM »

Sorry catfreak I can't help either but maybe pop in to your pharmacist who should be able to advise,goood luck xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 03:13:08 PM »

catfreak - start the 14 days of the progesterone with oestrogen (grey tablets) and throw away the other set of 14 days of grey tablets. After finishing the 14 grey tablets, you will then go back to the oestrogen only tablets and you may find the bleed will be a bit heavier but you should be back on track quite quickly. 
You could find you get some spontaneous bleeding sometime during the grey tablets but once you are back in the proper cycle things should settle. DG x

catfreak

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 10:10:13 PM »

Thank you for the replies. I will carrying on with the grey ones then take the white ones as normal after that x