Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Coming off femseven sequi  (Read 1851 times)

Just

Coming off femseven sequi
« on: January 31, 2018, 12:37:55 PM »

Hello everyone, Femseven sequi has helped with hot flushes and some of the night sweats (but these have crept back). I have found it hard to tolerate the 2 weeks of combined patch with progesterone and withdrawal from that. My Gp is great and advises I stop the patch ( have currently got the oestrogen only one on) and see what my own hormone levels are doing, as I feel the hrt is making anxiety about a current ear and balance health condition worse. Any experiences of feeling better coming off the patch and did you just take off or cut down gradually?
Thanks for any advice.

Dotty

Re: Coming off femseven sequi
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 12:51:16 PM »

Your own hormones might be breaking through and causing problems . Sounds like you need a stronger dose of hrt.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 06:01:08 PM »

It can be good to take a break from HRT to see how you feel. If you are over 52-54 then you may be into post meno and the meno symptoms won't be too bad or could subside more quickly over the next year or two.
Lower oestrogen levels can mean a lower immune system and everything dries out more so more sinus and ear problems can emerge. It sounds as though you have a middle ear infection and this just takes time to get better.
You are on a HRT that has a strong progesterone - you might do better with a kinder progesterone or perhaps consider having a Mirena which avoids the ups and downs of a sequential HRT. DG x

Just

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 07:27:54 PM »

Thank you very much for the replies. Dotty - I agree my hormones may be breaking through but I would be worried about feeling worse on a higher dose of hrt. It's a hard choice!
Dancinggirl - unfortunately my ear and balance problem is a different more permanent condition, not a simple infection, but it was interesting to note what you said about the effect of oestrogen on ears.
As always, advice was really appreciated.

Snoopy

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 10:15:25 PM »

Hi
Am also on femseven sequi & experiencing some return of symptoms. Am torn between whether it's me or the patches being ineffective - i.e. They keep coming off! I was interested to read your post about coming off the patches, have you found it useful?

:)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 08:46:05 AM »

Snoopy - welcome to MM

If the patches keep coming off then your may not be absorbing the hormones properly and this will result in symptoms emerging again.  Do look under ‘treatments' on this site to see your options.  You could try HRT pills or try the other combined patches OR, better still, use Oestrogel or oestrogen patches ( Estradot are small and stick better) and have progesterone as either Utrogestan or Provera for 10-12 days each month. 
OR - if you want a no hassle HRT regime that usually stops all bleeding, then have a Mirena fitted and use Oestrogel or oestrogen patches alongside - I had this for 4 years in my 50s and it worked really well.   DG x 

Just

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 04:55:45 PM »

Hello Snoopy and welcome. I have been off the patches for a while now - I just stopped completely and did not cut down gradually. Overall I think I would rather be off them. I have had hot flushes and night sweats and my hormones are obviously up and down, as I had a period after 8 weeks off patches (am aged 51). i have some days with anxiety and panic/low mood but others days ok, this is also related to the current health condition that I am contending with though (was not anxious or low before that).
I know what you mean about the patches falling off and I didn't find any great solutions. They are so variable, sometimes one would stick well for a week other times I would replace 3 days in a row! I tried all sorts- steristrips, bits of adhesive tape, changes of patch position. Waterproof dressings did not work as they seemed to draw the moisture (and probably the hormones) out of patch and it still detached from skin, plus you could not tell if this was happening. I seemed to be constantly checking to see if the patch was on.
I hope you settle on the Femseven or find a better solution. I am sticking it out without HRT for now, as I don't think it suited me,  but I know there are lots who would not be without it.

Snoopy

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 11:26:37 AM »

Hi everyone,
Thank you so much for your replies - all helpful!

I've an added complication now in that my last prescription was a nightmare as there was no stock anywhere in Cardiff!

That was January and I've just been given the last of it yesterday. It's taken many visits with the chemist doing there best to source from elsewhere. I contacted Teva - no help😕 Took them 2 months to respond and then not offer any explanation.
Anyway, I'll take your suggestions with me when I go back to my doctor so thank you all so much again.
😊