Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Cerelle  (Read 1230 times)

pollok

Cerelle
« on: May 05, 2018, 06:03:49 AM »

Hello, I have been put on cerelle with an oestrogen patch. This is my first month on the tablet.  I am bleeding every day!  Not had periods for years.  Dr said I needed to take progesterone along with patch.   What are my choices.  I like the patch, but is there a combined patch ?  Any feed back of progesterone creams

Thanks

Dancinggirl

Re: Cerelle
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 09:04:57 AM »

Hi and welcome to MM
There are lots of choices - I've never heard of teh combination you have been given!  Are you in the UK?
At the top of this page there is a link ‘TREATMENTS' - so go to that and you'll see your options.
If you silly have your womb/uterus then you do need progesterone and despite being very post menopause you may get bleeding on any continuous HRT regime for the first few weeks or even months but you should NOT be experiencing so much bleeding and certainly not in the first month????  The progesterone you have been given may not be strong enough?  Do get back to you doctor for further advice.
Progesterone creams are not recommended as they are not licensed or properly tested as part of HRT and will rarely protect the womb lining from building up. Do stick with the licensed products you get on prescription.  DG x