Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: From oestrogel and uterogestan to tibolone?  (Read 1947 times)

Kikie

From oestrogel and uterogestan to tibolone?
« on: May 03, 2018, 03:23:13 PM »

I've finally been to see another gynaecologist after being on oestrogel and uterogestan for about 18 months.  These helped the vaginal atrophy but did nothing for my libido or general energy and well being, so I wanted to discuss other options. The guy I saw says to swap over to 2.5 mgs of Tibolone instead, with something called Blissel gel vaginally. (I'm in Spain).  Now I'm sure I read scary stuff years ago about Tibolone but I'm open to trying different things. :-)  He also wants me to go on antidepressants, despite there not being an obvious need for that. Been there done that got the t shirt, so I know I'm okay. Ish. 

So, thoughts? I'm 62, not overweight at the moment, probably pretty much at a good weight albeit desperately needing toning! I have ME/CFS so am constantly fatigued, achy and brain foggy and wary of adding to that!  I'm on BP meds and statins.  How have any of you got on with Tibolone (called Boltin here)?

Dotty

Re: From oestrogel and uterogestan to tibolone?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 03:35:26 PM »

You could add testosterone to the Oestrogel and Utrogestan.

Daisydot

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 03:48:46 PM »

Hi Kikie I'd look at your statins again as they are notorious for causing muscle weakness tiredness etc it was one of the reasons,well main reason actually,I came off them years ago and why I've recentky refused them again for High cholesterol I'll work at that in other ways.why not try the lenzetto spray slightly stronger with better absorption than oestrogel and more convenient as drys in seconds.you can get that in Spain we can't here but I intend to buy when I'm over next week,look up MaryG posts for info on it,sorry I can't help with tibolone put it n search box above for more info on it xx

Joaniepat

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 03:50:46 PM »

Kikie, I agree with Dotty. Testosterone would probably improve your energy and help build muscle strength. I was on Tibolone for a few months with no ill effects and it helped a bit with joint pain. However, it was not a suitable product for me because of my age, 67 at the time, and was prescribed by a GP who didn't really know what he was doing. At your age you should stick to transdermal products as they don't go through the liver. I would stay with the products you are using if you are OK with them and add in a testosterone gel or cream.
JP x

Kikie

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 05:26:00 PM »

Thanks all. The tiredness and achiness is hard to blame on the recent statins as I've felt like this for years and cant tell if I'm worse or not! I asked about testosterone and he just laughed and said the tibolone has the same effect.  I've tried to get testosterone out of docs for years!