Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: progesterone  (Read 1462 times)

robotwars

progesterone
« on: May 07, 2018, 07:18:15 PM »

Hi, just a quick question, I'm in peri menopause and I'm seeing private consultant next week, I already have a few packets of 100g utrogestan , previously I was trying a continuous regime but I'm wondering whether I should try a peri regime and only take progesterone for part of the month, my question is would I be able to do this with the 100g I already have or does it have to be 200g, only reason I'm asking is I already feel quite hung over in the morning on the 100g and it takes me a while to get going in the morning as I feel like I'm walking around with a hangover! LOL and I also have some 100g so could use some of what I have as it will have to be a private prescription charge....

Mary G

Re: progesterone
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 07:32:59 PM »

Yes, I don't see why not.  It's normal to be on cyclical HRT unless you are post menopause and 100mg Utrogestan used vaginally is the same if not better than 200mg orally because so much of it gets lost in your digestive system.  How are you taking them at the moment?

robotwars

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 07:46:35 PM »

I was taking them orally for 28 days a month with sandrena gel but I have come out in a rash with the gel and my periods keep happening so on the phone she told me to stop till after I see her and she will look at alternative gel plus look at a peri regime

Mary G

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 08:26:03 PM »

I would definitely switch to Oestrogel, it dries much faster than Sandrena.  I would also think about using Utrogestan vaginally, it has fewer side effects and you can get better results by using less of it.